Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking, since I cannot find a job for the life of me, what would be some good ways to support myself on my own? What would be a good idea for me to try? I remember an old friend telling me he'd buy headlights from body shops or junk yards for really cheap, shine them up real nice and sell them on ebay for good profit. Stuff like this, is what I need to do. Something that doesn't require a whole lot of starting money.. Does anybody have any ideas? Just trying to make a little extra if I can.

Please leave the, prostitution, lemonade stand, etc posts out of this.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
before I did powder coating, I would go to junkyards and pull parts that were worth money like Z32 MAF, Calipers, DOHC power steering lines, etc etc.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a bad idea.. I would really like to buy cars that need work and fix them up and re-sell them.. but I don't have the space for that. I might goto the junk yard this weekend and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea man!

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
One of my buddy's is laying carbon fiber parts. Nothing fancy yet, just aesthetic stuff for the inside of cars. But looking at the cost of carbon fiber and resin, once you make the mold you can make an easy $200 per piece sold. Although it costs around $500 to get the fiber glass and all the resin and carbon fiber to actually get yourself started. It's a great idea though if you can afford it. It's rather easy too, he has had no prior experience and the parts he has made so far are astonishing quality.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I do photography; awhile ago i started and got my name out there quick, Now people ask for me to do photoshoots for them

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do photography; awhile ago i started and got my name out there quick, Now people ask for me to do photoshoots for them
If I had a good camera I would love to do that, I love taking pictures.

·
Registered
466 Posts
u must be doing something wrong if you cant find a job.

but when i was in HS i used to go to walmart (u can go to kmart or target or whatever) and look in those dvd bins, like 2 for 5 bux or the $2 ones. take them brand new in to a pawn shop and sell them for like 5 or 6 bux each. small money but it worked for me back then.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not doing anything wrong, where I live its extremely hard to get a job, nobody can. Unless you know somebody, or some place just opened up, you cannot find a job. I have 200+ applications out.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
shit I'm blessed to have a job. I don't see how you're doin anything wrong especially seein how we are in a ... RECESSION
Good luck man. my grandma does pretty good on ebay man. Try it out. junkyard to ebay.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Jobs are pretty plentiful out here...so i cant say I feel your pain. Hotels, call centers, and retail all have high turn over rates....Id focus on them for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I lived off flipping cars for 6 months. Buy LOWWW and sell high. I got an MR2 for $420 with nothing wrong but a fuel pump, sold it for $1700. Bought an F-150 for $400 flat and sold it for $1400 after changing the fluids and putting new (used) tires and a 2" ghetto lift up front.

Check tow yards, they usually have a couple cars they are just dieing to get rid of. If you don't have the space, ask a friend if you can park it in front of their house, or just stick it around the corner in front of a neighbors house?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Or you can grow... If you have a backyard. The season is just starting. It's all profit if you can find some good seeds. Just ask around. You could always supply for your local dealership? I have a friend that grew for a marijuana distribution clinic for some time. It works for a while. I don't know your state laws though.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or you can grow... If you have a backyard. The season is just starting. It's all profit if you can find some good seeds. Just ask around. You could always supply for your local dealership? I have a friend that grew for a marijuana distribution clinic for some time. It works for a while. I don't know your state laws though.
Marijuana isn't legal in any way shape or form here lol. And the weather is still in the 30's-40's

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
i'm not sure what your skill set is, and with the market going the way its going, ebay is going to be less and less successful...unless you get lucky or find something that no one else has. just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
sell drugs... fast profit... done it before, and im serious. if your smart about it, you wont get caught, and dont make a habit of it!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts