Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lil past history to help you understand were im at now. i used to own a 2000 honda civic ex it was my first car and it swallowed a lot of my savings, before the accident. i swore that i was going to keep the car so when i got it home i used the rest of my savings to restore the car.im 19 years old and i live with my parents till school starts this year.anyway i say that to say my parents deemed the the car to far gone to bring back from the dead regardless to the fact i got it running and street legal.what could i do it was in there name, so when they took it to the insurance company it was totaled out and the cash they received went to remodel the house. this left me with out a car and broke better yet in debt. after a lil hustling i took 500 and bought a 300zx, a 1985 300zx......biggest waste of my life and time and did i mention money, that car swallowed 2000 only to blow not 1 not 2 but 3 piston rings i couldnt keep oil in the piece of crap to save my life.sad to say i was now part the the nissan crew but the only one who didnt have a 240sx. having driven this car multiple times to say i was impressed would be an understatement. so i hustled a lil more and sold my oil dispenser for 800 added to that and i got my 240sx 89 hatchback i was happy at first, 3 (ill be generous)4 days later the engine blew i had been had. the diesel oil trick caught me way off gaurd also it seems that gas had been mixing with the oil. research shows that my motor was the crappiest ka24 sohc you could get. ive noticed that alot of people switch over to the g20's motor the sr20de and i dont know why. why do people switch to a smaller engine for the turbo does it help with the lag or something? any way i plan on switching to the ka24de so far i know i need a wiring hareness and a ecu for the swap the motor looks slightly different will i need new engine mounts? i wish i would have looked around junkyards to see what i was getting my self into, there are no 240's and the ones you find do just make the cut for a scrap pile.

a longer story made short im working to make my 240 push 200 plus horsepower n/a and be a reliable daily driver during school. ill be going to uti and the only time i want to be under the hood of a car is in class any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated .

thanks for reading my name is garry and this is my introduction to 240sx forums

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your going to have alot of time and money going into a NA ka. you will have to do all internals and such. thats why people use the sr becuase it has a better bottom end. i think for what you want a swap to a sr20det just makes more sense and its just as easy as putting in the ka

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after reading around ive have found my answer. it seems that i cant build a na ka with the power i want now or period with in reason. so for now ill be going for a running motor. i may just rebuild that sohc for the exhaust note, or at least i think that its the exhaust that sets off these aftermarket alarms as well as some of these factories ones

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Gee... wiz

Only Car?

Need Reliable transportation?

No much money to drop into it?

Buy a Use KA24E and drop it in there, and drive it responsibly...

Quit beating on it and drive it like you need it, not like a toy.

Don't race your daily driver, don't daily drive drive your racer...

and learn to use punctuation while posting, if you want people to read it

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Im not flaming him for having a honda in the first place, Im just judging him from how he types and the type of mentality he has twards cars will not get him far messing with nissans. If he is on a budget and only seems to have the know how he does have with cars that hondas would be his best bet as many people know hondas and their parts are cheaper and the engines themselves are more forgivving to doing dumb things with them.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
^ bingo...

I could car less if his first car was a Big Wheel or a Yugo...

There is a history of vehicle abuse and non-responsible driving, by his own emission...

200 NA Horsepower on Any NA-KA takes more research then he has done...

He only has 1 car, but he wants to build the hell out of it... and try to daily it...

Not going to happen

There is a Reason my '98 KA24DE Frontier has 248.000 miles on the original clutch.. and I'll I've changed is a Water pump... I don't beat on it... that is what my 240 is for... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vehicle abuse..... wow.... i was 16 when i got the civic, early 2006 when bought, date layed to rest july 17,2008. the civic hydroplanned, spun twice before being stopped by the median. the 1985 300zx was my daily driver not a beater the thing bearly ran. got it from one of my friends he put in his parents back yard when he got his 240sx. i knew it was problematic and it was rusted out there fore it was not going to be beaten or driven to hard. it was just a transitional car, but to keep it running i needed to replace the things that broke. my 240 started out good, and on the way home at about 45 mph, i hear a pop and the rpms drop....motor gone...anyone ? was i drifting it...racing it...better yet did i drive it in to a wall ? nope motor just died ! y dont know could have something to do with the connector rod hanging out of the block thou ? just a thought thou...wow...vehicle abuse thats new for me

ill be looking for another ka24e engine to place in my car then im off to school where i will build my ka24de.

He only has 1 car, but he wants to build the hell out of it... and try to daily it...

Not going to happen
daily driving a car with a sohc in it, while i re-build the dohc for that car, daily driving and building the hell out of one car, huh....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Read a little more and you will see that 99% of all 240's are project cars, with the exception here and there.
Just do more research and don't get bummed out about people giving you shit for driving a Honda(granted it is to be expected here)
And as for his spelling errors, I found more mistakes in the people's posts who where correcting him.
Flame Fail

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
my 240 started out good, and on the way home at about 45 mph, i hear a pop and the rpms drop....motor gone...anyone ?

If you where just cruising along, 4th or 5th gear at 45 mph...

you didn't blow your motor...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
And as for his spelling errors, I found more mistakes in the people's posts who where correcting him.
Flame Fail
I really could care less about spelling errors.. it is punctuation.

Writing one long "paragraph", no spacing between thoughts, is annoying, and hard to read...

But you are correct, the newest 240SX you can buy is 11 years old.. the oldest one is 20...

So if you don't expect some problems, you bought the wrong car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you where just cruising along, 4th or 5th gear at 45 mph...

you didn't blow your motor...

how many things make a motor ping when trying to turn over. if i mash the accelarator to the floor it will run for seconds and shut of. everyones telling me thats the motors gone if you can save me some cash please do, and forever in your debt i will be ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts