Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys. i just bought my first 240. its a 1990. the dude i bought it from said he over heated the son a bitch. so im looking at it and i check the oil. thick as fuck with water or anti freeze in it. Obviously a blown head gasket right? but since this is my first 240. is there anything else i should take a look at while i have the head off since the head gasket obviously blew. and i have heard with the KA blown head gasket= BAD NEWS. sp let me know. thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
just check piston heads rings etc main bearings and rod bearings and clean then replace head gasket and studs

·
Registered
53 Posts
welcome to the 240 club
first off im assuming you have the single overhead motor, now just cause its got water in the oil dont allways mean its a blown head gasket could be but not allways other things you can look for while you have the head off take a flashlight and look down allong the timing chain on the passenger side of the block if its not broken you will see a black plastic guide if its not there then its verry likely the timing chain wore a hole in the waterpump housing causing the coolant to get pumped into the block wich is what happend to me also it might be worth it while you have it appart to chek the waterpump and thermostat
if your doing just the head gasket chekout www.rockauto.com they have some of the best price's i've found but if you want to do what im doing right now and just rebuild the whole lower end you can chekout www.rpmmachine.com
you'll also need a torque wrench and new head bolts (also rockauto) good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
93 240sx woes

I am facing a similar situation with my 93 convert. The man who sold it to me said it had a 'spun bearing' (whatever that means) and I am looking for advice on where to start checking this out. Hope this is the right place to ask......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts