Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my s14 sr20det redtop was driving down the highway in fifth gear full throttle when i noticed the BOV going off, is that normal? :12dunno

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
S14's were only Blacktops, but you can have a Red-top Swapped S14...
And unless your letting off the gas no, sounds like you need to tighten the spring...

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
its possible depending on speed or if you were going downhill....

The BOV is vacuum operated so if your throttle is mostly closed, and your engine is spinning at a high enough rpm, it will pull enough vacuum to open it. Also because your engine is at a higher rpm, or you were previously under load, your turbo might still be producing a little bit of boost.

But yeah, double check the spring tightness

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol aight. a red top swapped s-14... got it. do you know where the spring is located? i have a greddy BOV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, i have another problem too, well multiple problems!!!! my car dies on me when im starting to come to a stop. , idles like shit. like, 1.5k-ish rpm then drops like its gonna die and then goes up again. and the 1st and 2nd gears grind when engaging into them. i heard its because i dont have my ride tuned yet. anyone else have any other ideas?????

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
man, i have another problem too, well multiple problems!!!! my car dies on me when im starting to come to a stop. , idles like shit. like, 1.5k-ish rpm then drops like its gonna die and then goes up again. and the 1st and 2nd gears grind when engaging into them. i heard its because i dont have my ride tuned yet. anyone else have any other ideas?????
1) Your car dies most likely because your BOV is vented to atmosphere (not recirculated back behind the MAFS) and you have no electronic stuff to compensate for it. FIX: recirculate that shit, or buy an SAFC and tune it out.

2) Your transmission oil is probably weaksauce, or your synchros are dying. 2nd gear syncho is notoriously weak. Go get some Redline MT90 tranny oil, flush your old stuff out, and see if that helps any. Otherwise you'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i already have a SAFC from Apexi, so i will try to do what you call recirculate that shit and see what happens from there. thanks

·
GnarKiller
5,118 Posts
2) Your transmission oil is probably weaksauce, or your synchros are dying. 2nd gear syncho is notoriously weak. Go get some Redline MT90 tranny oil, flush your old stuff out, and see if that helps any. Otherwise you'll just have to live with it.
Are you refering to the synchros in his post??? If so you might as well rebuild the whole tranny if you replace the synchros.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts