Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my battery died and had to get a jump so i can get home... when i got home i noticed the my tail lights were on (which explains why my battery died) like if i was pressing my brake pedal in including the third brake light... so i pulled the brake fuse out from under the dash and they turned off. If the plastic clip thing was broken from behind the pedal, would this cause it? Plus i need a brake job... like really bad... almost as bad as the Detroit Lions needed a win this past year. :rotflmao anyways all jokes aside... would the need of a brake job also cause this? If its the clip can someone plz post a pic of where its located behind the pedal plz so i can know where to look. Thanks Guys (and girls too)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind it was the switch there was nothing covering that hole that would hold the switch in to disengage the lights lol...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok scratch the nevermind.. i replaced the hole with a cap to engage the switch when the pedal is not being pressed and put the fuse back in for the brake lights. the lights came back on even without pressing the pedal so what else can it be? Fuse is good, maybe the switch itself? Im gonna try to manually press the switch my self tomorrow when i have more time. I think the cap is not thick enough and is not fully pressing the switch. I dont know but if anyone has any idea please let me know...

·
240SX Padawan Learner
2,204 Posts
Look on your floorboard and see if you can find any small pieces of cracked up plastic. If you do then you brake light stopper has probably come to pieces. Over time the old plastic ones Nissan installed back in the day will crack, fall apart and without one in place your brake lights will stay on. You can get a new one for like a dollar and they're easy to put in...if this is your problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what the problem was. Im guessing it broke on the previous owner cuz i found a little bolt that was sitting on my floorboard and it had the same residue on it that the pedal had around the hole.

·
Registered
45 Posts
had the same problem with my B14....did u get it fixed? I actually just stuck a piece of plastic that was similar to the one that was in there before and I think I crazy glued it just to make sure it didnt come off again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had the same problem with my B14....did u get it fixed? I actually just stuck a piece of plastic that was similar to the one that was in there before and I think I crazy glued it just to make sure it didnt come off again.
yeah got it fixed now im replacing the rear brakes man talk about metal on metal it was crazy sick my dad was like "Son in all the years i've owned and fixed cars I can honestly say i have never seen brakes this bad" :rotflmao that was the funniest thing i have heard today!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice man. Hope everything works out fine with your car
thanks dude. now i need to do my suspension when i was looking at my brakes i noticed that the shocks were shot. i read up after reviewing here thinking about the megan racing street coilovers. seems to be the best for the price they are stiff enough for decent grip but not too stiff to where the ride here in san antonio is too bad cuz god knows our streets here suck :crazyrant:rotflmao

·
Registered
45 Posts
lol...yea I've heard goos stuff about them. I've also heard good stuff about the KTS Coilovers. Check them out on SPL PARTS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol...yea I've heard goos stuff about them. I've also heard good stuff about the KTS Coilovers. Check them out on SPL PARTS.
yeah thanks for the link i have also read good things about these too... im just trying to decide whether to get the suspension first or new wheels and tires. found a good deal at tirerack.com for some Enkei rims and Kumho tire combo. Figure might not want to upgrade suspension if i dont have the tires to put it down right...:12dunno Anyways let me know which would be the better suspension then wheels and tires or wheels and tires then suspension... either way it will ride better when im done with either setup plan :heyhey

·
Registered
45 Posts
well I personally dont know what advice to gice, but I mighta gone with suspension first. You should get more improvements. Especially for conering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts