Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a 1992 240 Hatch and my rear passenger-side brake is pissing me off. For a while now my car has sometimes made a loud grinding/rubbing sound when I drive in reverse. I have traced the sound to the brake. Now it makes a squeeling sound sometimes while i'm driving. It's making me effing crazy!!! i've taken the caliper apart and nothing seemed out of place, I replaced the pads and I thought I had fixed it because it stopped making the sounds for about a day and a half. But alas, the sound is back. I commute to school every day and i need to fix this pronto, my dad told me to just go to the nissan dealership but i know for a fact that they will rape my cornhole hard so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
are you sure its the rear brake. usualy brake problems dont come on and off unless your applying the brake. put your car on jack stands and spin the wheel, also try to wiggle the wheel up and down with a pry bar this should test the bushings/bal joint to a point.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
its may be a broken part of the caliper, ceized caliper, If it comes and goes you may wanna chak everythgin the axle touches in teh rear to see for loose fitting or something thats on its way out (old part thats worn). Its ahrd fo rus to try and help you identify a random noise when we cant hear it or drive yoru car. I may be as simple as liftign the rear end onto tstadns and drivign the car until you hear something to you can actually indetify its location. by laying next to the car or under the rear, ONLY if its on stands tho.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
i noticed this problem with mine. when i checked the caliper, it was blown and leaked a significant amount of fluid. pull the wheel off and make sure the seal around the piston is still good.

·
Registered
384 Posts
try run your nail across the rotor. if the rotor looks glazed or if u catch any ridges in the rotor with your nail, cahnge it. a new rotor costs lyk 25 dollars.

R

·
0 Posts
buy the caliper rebuild kit from autozone. i've had this problem before and that cleared it right up... the rears were getting stuck in the pushed out position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts