Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have been a member for a few years. I am a retired ASE master tech with a 1990 240SX fastback that I inherited from my son when his interests changed. It is a great car that is mostly stock except for intake and exhaust, coilovers on all 4 corners. It has the 2.4L SOHC engine with an automatic transmission.
My question pertains to wheels, tires and brakes. I want to change the wheels to 5 lugs as the selection for 5 lug wheels is much better. I have heard that I can use the hubs, rotors and calipers from a 300ZX with my front spindles and rear uprights. Can I use my aftermarket stainless braided hoses that I replaced previously on all 4 corners? Can I reuse my original rear calipers with rotors and hubs from the 300ZX? I have always liked the way a car looks with the tires outside edge that comes to the outer edge of fender but not past it. What backspace on front and rear wheels would you suggest in 16 or 17 inch diameter? My car is lowered about 2 inches. my goal is to get as wide a tire as is possible without having to do any outer bodywork. Any information to do this swap is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Joe

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will answer your questions in order

1. I am not sure about being able to use the stainless 240sx lines on the 300zx brakes but I believe it would work.

2. Why wouldn't you want to use the 300zx's rear calipers? I don't believe the 240sx calipers would fit the 300zx rotors anyway.

3. Here we usually speak in terms of offset rather than backspacing. I can't answer this question personally but if you sift through threads such as Wheel fitment whore thread (Stretch/Flush) *NO SPECS, NO POST!* - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum , http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/113772-wheel-fitment-thread.html , and FITMENT DATABASE - Post your wheel setup! (no pics with specs = deleted) - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums Your question will be answered. You will likely have to roll the inside of your fenders which is simple (if it hasn't been done already).

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts