Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys i am planning on getting an sr and building it to have 400 - 500 hp. what all is needed i dont want to spend money that i dont have to. im def. doing internals. pistons, rods, bearings. im going to do the head aswell. bigger intake and exhaust valves springs, rocker arm stoppers ect. i was wondering what all is needed besides the strengthening parts. i do realize i need turbo uprage piping intercooler blah blah, im not to worried about the engine since i am putting all new stuff in for the most part. but anyway, im not to sure on the fuel management part.. alright well i pretty much need help on everything outside of the engine lol... i dont want to spend money that i dont need to so basic stuff to get me to have 400 - 500 hp reliably. thanks oh and fast spooling turbo that will give me 400hp+ will help too. thanks again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know a good web site were this guy builds a 9000rpm sr head lots of good info about that

240sxtech.com
should be the first one to the left

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a nice website. i still need help with the external parts im sure you dont need to much to get to 400hp just wondering what has been done before to get to 400 and that has been reliable thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I could tell you first hand but I don't know a whole lot about sr's Im doing a 2jz swap sometime in the future and all Ive been doing is getting my info on that motor. If money is an issue than I ka-t is the cheaper way to go and you'll get the same numbers.

There's one more website for sr shopping. You should find out what you need for your hp goals by reading the info on the items , if not than email them and they'll tell you what you need.

240sxmotoring.com
email is on top of the page

Incase you change you mind, amsperformance.com has a great selection of ka parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
u will need a shit load of stuff im doing a build right now. if your going to do it right then be ready to spend money. if your goping to halfass it then buy a back up pop so u have something to drive while u fix what u just blown up. if your looking to do 400hp then just get a head gasket and arp studs and a good tune. if ur going anything more and want it to be a daily on low boost and a animale on high boost then u will need

BORE ENGINE
DECK BLOCK
HOT TANK CLEANING OF BLOCK
LABOR - Bottom End Engine Assembly Service 6 91.66667
SHOP SUPPLIES 6% OF TOTAL LABOR 6.00% 33.00T
Forged 2618 T6 Aluminum Pistons SR20DET 86.5mm (set) 1
SR20DET 86.5mm Rings 1 T
H-H-BEAM CONNECTING ROD SR20 1
THRUST WASHER - SR20DET 1
ROD BEARING (STD) - SR20DET 1
MAIN BEARINGS - SR20DET 1
Rear Main Seal - SR20det 1
OIL PUMP - S13 1
WATER PUMP - S13 1
NISSAN SR20DET HEAD STUD KIT 1
HEAD GASKET - SR20DET 87mm x 1.1mm 1
TIMING GEAR KIT FOR SR20DET 1
MOROSO Oil Pan - SR20det 1

thats just ur short block and then u will need

Brian Crower Stainless Steel Valves
Brian Crowre Springs and Retainers
Brian Crower Camshafts

thats ur heads and u can pull till 9k rpms

now u have a build block now you will need the srounding mods to get to 400-500hp
tubo
injectors
mani
intercooler
booster
standalone

and im sure theres more not much more i kinda covered it all. this is my build we are starting it on monday. be ready to drop 5k easy. oh and my build im going for 600+

·
Registered
37 Posts
fuel pressure regulator, Walboro 255LPH fuel pump, 660cc injectorsor bigger, maybe a fuel rail, Z32 fuel filter, as posted above Z32 MAFS, while your at it, get a bigger throttle body, i recommend manual boost controller thats all you need. not any of that high speed expensive electronic ones, stage 3 or higher clutch and a flywheel, and while your at that might as well get your tranny rebuilt, unless you know how to do it yourself unlike me. just time consuming. get an Engine Management System, a wideband could work wonders, with that much power maybe get an aluminum driveshaft, adjustable cam gears, ATI super Damper..... this is all off the top of the dome, and im just blabbing out shit. take what you want out of this semi-useful info and good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts