Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first 240sx as a project car for 500 bucks. Any ideas as to why its burning oil?

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
its an older car and it just comes with the territory. probably has something to do with the fact that u got it for $500. burning a small amount of oil is normal....how much oil is it burning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not too too bad. I was just mainly concerned with whether or not it was going to be a major problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, I don't plan to drop in an SR. I can make all the power I need with my application just by doing a nice hybrid turbo setup and low boost on the KA. Yeah, I'd like an SR, but for the money, I don't need it.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Moses said:
Nope, I don't plan to drop in an SR. I can make all the power I need with my application just by doing a nice hybrid turbo setup and low boost on the KA. Yeah, I'd like an SR, but for the money, I don't need it.
it's good to see not all newbs are jumping on the SR bandwagon. good for you dude...good luck with your 240.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, i like the idea of turboing the ka also, it depends where i stand money wise if i get a 240, but i plan to turbo the ka after all of my suspension/tasteful bodywork is done.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
turbo'ing a ka costs pretty much the same as droppin in a sr...its just about preference...im doin a sr swap because the sr is about 40-50 pounds lighter and its built for turbo from the onset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts