Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1990 240sx coupe auto that does not run right. They are asking $600 OBO. Its got faded paint cracked dash and so on. Not the best shape but I think it would work. Looking for opinions.
So the deal with the motor is that it sounds rough, smells like oil and has a lot of oil goo around valve cover. The motor does start but seems to lack power, but when the auto trans is dropped into neutral or fist the engine dies without pressing on the gas just shifting. Any ideas advice or opinions. I am new to all of this and this will be my fist project car.
I know about swaps so that is defiantly an option, just want to make sure I am making a wise choice.

·
Registered
142 Posts
IMO, say 400 bucks, and complain that its going to die in a couple months probably to the people selling it. Save up 2 grand and do a SR swap IMO. Save the hassle and just do the swap instead of fucking around with the current motor.. prob has a billion miles on it =\
After you do a engine swap check out some of the custom dash work in the DIY thread section.. some good stuff in there!
and paint? psh.. who needs paint.. makes it look like a junker.. but when you open the hood after your engine swap... they will drool : P

·
Registered
142 Posts
oh yeah, and do a thorough check for rust.. take your time lookin for the bad stuff. If it has that stupid wing on the back (Not sure if coupes have em) peek under it for rust, check under the hood for rust under the battery and along the sides of the motor. If these people are stupid.. point out the rust and it will make them feel bad and you can push for that lower price :)

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
dam Canada laying down the law...

fuck it, get that shit. swap out for another ka and use that, flat black the car with some sparycans and your a legit 240 owner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts