Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a local shop today about getting new seats and I told them about my lack of bracket mounts (i think thats whats its called...where the seats bolt in) and they told me that if I could provide some they could get me r33 seats for pretty cheap, but if I cant for a couple hundred they could make me custom mounts and I could get some racing seats (im thinking bride). The guy also said that they could bolt/weld the seat brackets to the floor, but id probably not be able to see over the dash.

anyone know where I can get stock or stock/similar mounts (mountings?) for my car, or am I stuck paying for custom ones? Also does anone have welded down seats? and how tall are they?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Or do what i did and grind off your stock seat mounts and frankenstein the holy hell out of them. Worked great for me, but took almost a whole day to do. I wouldn't weld the seats to the floor.... Ever... That idea just sounds bad from the beggining.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey, welding your seats to the floor is all good, just.. make sure you know how to weld, and how to tell that your weld is proper. Only downside to welding it is that once welded there, it ain't comin off for a while XD. if you decide to weld them, PM me with any questions about weldin ^^ (I have my C level ticket)

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your not the one welding i wouldnt have them welded in, Lets say the welds brake if you get into a accident!? Think of yourself as a ball in a pinball machine.(yo ass is grass). Buy the brackets off ebay or you can buy Sparco universal brackets, and some bride low max seats, and you will be pullin bitches like fat bitches pull legs off turkeys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info and I found everything I needed and now I just have to decide what kind of seats to get.

anyone have 180sx seats? I want to get racing seats, but at the same time I want at least one part of my car to have a genuine jdm part to it (im doing KA-T so theres nothing that jdm there). The only problem is that I would pay up the ass for what looks like a s14 seat (at least i think so). Do they hold you well or is it just as bad as the s13 seats? Oh and I know you guys can say "well you can find jdm racing seats" but it would be cool to have to have 180 seats to go along with my 180sx vanity badge on the back of my hatch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts