Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, so as most of you know, i work at a wheel shop, but we close at 4,so we couldnt get the tire on the wheel unless we did it outself, and my roomate wanted to see if it was possible, so i muscled (wrestled) the tire ont othe wheel with my bare hands, and then with the 5 of us used a simple 5 gallon air compressor (core still in valve stem) and inflated a 225 on a 10.5..... im proud of myself

as far as i can remember, the smallest tire ive ever seen on a 10.5 is a 235-40-18...

and, stepped lips are (i think) harder to stretch on because the barrel is mostly 17 inches and only 18 inches around the lips ...

no cheatah, no high pressures , just good old fashion muscle

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wow, i have to say, wtf is the point of that.. but on the other hand good job on your accomplishment and those wheels are hot as fack:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
bob, i've seen a 195 stretched on a 10" before.
you ain't got shit.

j/k
that's a damn nice job their buddy.
however, if you have a lot of time one day, do the 195 on a 10" just for shits and giggles.
and be sure to post pics, lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
guess you didnt use a safety cage.

did they ever showed you the video of the multipiece wheel exploding with a dummy? hahaha fun stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,596 Posts
bob, do a 205 on a 10.5"
i promise i'll buy you beer when i get up there, lol.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do, and as for pressur,e we didnt blow pressure into we stood 4 peopel on the wheel to push it down while a 22 inch wheel outer rim pushed the sidewall to the other side of the barrel, and used a standard 5 gallon air compressor, so yeah, it took like 10 pis to seat..... and then we filled it to 38 psi

·
Registered
268 Posts
"so i muscled (wrestled) the tire ont othe wheel with my bare hands" - s15dumbass

really bob? You were all by yourself putting that wheel on? No help at all? None by someone like o i dont know...... ME! lolololol

·
Registered
824 Posts
it was an old safety video they showed us at class about truck rimlock/muiltipiece wheels with tube tires. i cant find any vid of it online.

·
Registered
268 Posts
well im still typing with both hands so luckily it didn't blow up. I would be real intrested to see that video though. Ill look around for it too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The multi-piece wheels you're talking about blowing up are only the inner tube, lock ring wheels. Those also get between 50 and 100 psi. Hence the need for the tire cage.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts