Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I lowered my car about a week ago. I took it to have everything aligned and they said that they couldn't do that rear that I needed a camber kit. I'm pretty new to suspension so I need to know what all I need to get for the camber kit. Will getting upper control arms be enough to get it aligned? My rear wheels are off about 1.5 degrees. Or do I need to get something else with the upper control arms?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
rucas will be fine but depending on how low you are they should have been able to aline it back there with the factory eccentric bolts. Im suprised that you were able to get the rear toe in spec as that is not adjustible from the factory and gets thrown off when you drop them down.

I suggest getting rear toe arms and rucas and probably going to a different alinement shop while your at it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yeah 1.5 is pretty mild. but get some good ruca's & toe rods like 4x4le was sayin & you should b fine. i have not installed my coils yet cuz my ruca's, toe rods, traction rods, tension rods, & tie rods are backordered. oh well, should b one hell of a fun project when i get em all in

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The back wheels were off more than that. They adjusted them as far as they could get them to go and 1.5 degrees is as close as they could get them.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya that sounds bout right, the stock ruca's only hav bout an inch of adjust ability. but 1.5 is prob max adj stock. once u get aftermarket ruca's you will hav no problems at all
Thanks man. That's what I needed to know.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
you should be able to eyeball camber too. You may not need to go back to the rack unless you are getting really wierd wear. When I took my car with a completly different suspension and tire rods and ends/ traction rods, tension rods, rear toe, rucas ect to the alinement rack the alinment guy told me he has never seen someone get an alinment so close by eyeballing it.

Just jack your car up by the diff and measure your tire to the top of your fender as it sits now, and then put on the rucas and make the tire get a little closer to the top of the fender than it is now with the rucas.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Slot the rear Upper control arms...

Weld a washer on in the new position

Problems solved..

Great Old School S13 fix for this problem

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A friend of mine that has a 5th gen Prelude was off by over 3 degrees. When he put his camber kit on he managed to some how get it perfect. Blew the alignment guy's mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts