Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i read the write ups on how to open up the hicas pump to make it non-hicas, i basically took out the little metal peices from the secondary area to prevent pressure building.

What my problem now is to find a bolt that size to cap off the second pressure hose hole.

I cannot find a bolt anywhere locally. Anyone know of a nissan part number or what i can do to close off that hole?

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Why would Nissan sell a bolt to plug the hole on a pump they made to have the hole?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its possible theres a similar bolt made that i could just plug in there. It wouldnt be made for the steering pump particularly, but would easily fit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
angelthepig said:
hicas eliminator bar? dunno
Thats for the rear of the car. Im in the same position as you , trying to find a bolt that matches the size and thread. I guess we will just have to go to local machine shops and see if they have any. Or maybe somebody has done this already and has a place to get one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thas what im looking for, same threads and size to fit. I have the old KA pump but the brackets wont fit on the SR. They seem to be spread out far apart compared to the brackets for the Hicas pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts