Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my car has been stalling out when idling. The rpm's dip up and down till it eventually stalls. The only way I can keep that from happening is by giving it a bit of gas at idle and heel-toeing when I come to a stop. I attempted to solve the problem by using the Anti-stall feature on my e-o1 and e-manage, but it only worked for 2 days, and now im just left with a stumbling motor between 500 and 2500 rpm. Its strange cuz I just got the car dyno tuned a month ago (which made 260 whp @ 10psi by the way) And it was running beautifully.

I was thinking... could it possibly be the o2 sensor or a clogged fuel filter choking the motor at idle? I just dont know?
If anybody has any ideas of things to check for, please let me know!!!

Thanx!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I go about checking that out?

·
Registered
277 Posts
bustadouglass said:
How would I go about checking that out?
you can perform a boost leak test. what type of bov are you running? if its greddy it should be adjustable but if its the older model such as a type s its just going to leak because greddy sucks

·
Registered
277 Posts
greddy

Yeah my greddy bov is doing the same thing it will die or almost die 1 out of 4 times. So my bov might be leaking? What bov should i go with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is because your have a BOV that vents to the atmosphere, Your stocker recirculates the air that it dumped out back into your intake track. Now, you ECU is expecting the air and it's just now getting there, so it will cause idle dip, and or stalling after you let off acceleration. Boost leak is a possibility as well.

I have used the Blitz DD and HKS SSQV. Both great BOV's. Cureently running Blitz.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the HKS SSQV which as far as I know is not known for that problem. I was also thinking, Its not a matter of it being VTA (vent to atmosphere) because ive been running this setup for alomost a year now w/ no ill effects. I will check it anyway, if I can figure out how? But other than the BOV what could it be?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
bustadouglass said:
I have the HKS SSQV which as far as I know is not known for that problem. I was also thinking, Its not a matter of it being VTA (vent to atmosphere) because ive been running this setup for alomost a year now w/ no ill effects. I will check it anyway, if I can figure out how? But other than the BOV what could it be?
:smacked49 :smacked49

"the HKS SSQV is not known for that problem" um, wtf? READ!

its because you're venting to atmosphere. the air is already metered, then you're purging it so its making the car run rich between shifts and the idle is going to shit when you stop because its basically a boost leak.

just re-circulate and you're problem will be solved.

or you could keep your ricer bird noise bov sound and have a car that runs like shit. your choice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well why would it run perfectly for a year then all of the sudden the BOV becomes a problem?

·
Registered
277 Posts
because its not recirced. its going to happen on just about any bov you have but less on others i/e hks cause its a push type or pull type i forgot which. bottom line unless your running map convesion or have something to tune it your going to richen out and die without recircing the bov

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
my car ran decent for about a year. then the bov got warn out and it started leaking more. things break down over time.

just recirculate it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts