Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning i have a 1989 240sx that doesn't seem to want to turn over. I've replaced the the fuel lines, injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs, and a few other things that i cant recall. I have had a few people tell me its the ignition system. Not sure were else to look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There could be a number of reasons why your car won't start but still cranks.
  • One possibility is that the engine is flooded with fuel. When this happens, the spark plugs can't ignite the fuel because there's too much of it, and the engine won't start.
  • Another possibility is that there's something wrong with the ignition system. This could be a problem with the spark plugs, the distributor, or the wiring. If any of these components are malfunctioning, it could prevent the engine from starting.
  • Finally, there could be a problem with the battery or the starter motor. If either of these components are defective, it could keep the car from starting up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your starter solenoid is going bad you can try hitting (tapping) it with something hard to see if you can get it to unstick and crank. This would only be a temporary fix until you can get it changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts