Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well for the past week i've been trying to replace my clutch for the first time, but i keep getting too pissed off and just giving up for the rest of the day. i've been trying for 2 hours so far to remove the nuts and bolts on the driveshaft closest to the diff., but they wont budge. its really pissing me off, i've doused them in catalyst and they still wont move an inch. are they reverse threaded or something?

i cant get any of the connectors to the sensors out either. i cant get a good grip or anything. is there anyway i can remove the whole harness to the transmission?

other than all that, its going smoothly. sorry for the crappy pics, my camera sucks. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
those bolts on the driveshaft are regular threaded. just pull the ebrake up and put all your weight on that wrench. itll come off.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
breaker bar, and two sockets or a wrench. It takes ALOT of man power to get those bad boys off. As stated above make sure the E-brake is up so the drive shaft won't rotate. It will be easier with a friend because you will need to let the E-brake loose so you can roate the tire to get to the other nuts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got 'em. about 5min after my post i figured out a way to get them loose. now i just need to figure out how to get rid of those sensor connectors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cant get any of those connectors apart, i tried using a screwdriver to push the button but they still wont come apart. is there anyway i can remove the harness to the trans or can i just take the sensors out... which would probaly be a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
an impact wrench wont help on the drive shaft theres no room unless you got a 3 foot extention. i use 4 wrenches two in each hand to act like a breaker bar. the plugs i would use a set of chanel locks and easily squeze the lock on the plug. good luck with your clutch and make sure you breake it in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thanks, i'll try the channel lock thing. i'm gonna be very careful with driving after i get it in, i dont wanna have to go through all this again that soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts