Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled my clutch dampener from my car and now I have no pressure. I've been trying to bleed it for almost and hour and nothing comes out and the clutch res is still at the same level. I checked to make sure everything was tight and couldnt find any leaks. This is my first car with a manual transmission so Ive never bled a clutch before. Since I removed one of my bleeders I'm bleeding it staight from the slave just like I would my brakes. The one thing i noticed was that fluid seemed to be coming from the bleeder screw, but not the valve. I looked like it was leaking from the fitting itself. How could it go bad with me touching it? It was fine yesterday, and I didnt touch the slave when i removed the dampener. Is it something I did or did the slave cylinder decided to give out one me just after i removed the dampener. Seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ok well u didnt give us too much help with ur bleeding procedure, are you sure ur bleeding it correctly since u said u have never bled a clutch be4 im assuming you are not bleeding it right so i will just be nice and help u out if thats the case. first head to home depot or w/e and get a foot of 1/4 inch (i believe thats the size) clear plastic tubing from the plumbing department and put that on the fitting of the bleed screw so u can see what is coming out. after that have someone else pump the clutch a few times and hold it down to the floor. then open the bleed screw (fluid will come out now), then close the bleed screw and tell ur buddy to then let the clutch up off the floor (well actually he will have to pull it off the floor). Repeat as many times until u dont see any more air in the piece of tubing. But keep an eye on the clutch master cyl to make sure the fluid level stays high.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bleeding procedure is the following:

1: had someone pump the clutch by hand about 4-5 times and then held the pedal to the floor
2: i opened the bleeder valve, hose attached and submersed in fluid, then closed it a few seconds after.
3: the pedal is pulled up off the floor
4: repeat

The no fluid came out at all when the bleeder valve was opened. I did notice last night that fluid seemed to be leaking from the slave cylinder screw and not coming out of the valve as it should. I topped off the master cylinder before I bled the clutch and the fluid level never changed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
u dont need to leave it open but a second but thats weird that ur getin nothing. Are you sure u reattached the clutch line properly after u took out the dampener because the only time i have had a situation like urs where i couldnt get any fluid outta the slave was when i replaced my clutch master cylinder and i had to bench bleed it be4 it would put any fluid in the lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts