Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright guys ive got a problem with my clutch, it started last night when i was in the middle of a race with a spec v... well anyway, the clutch doesnt feel soft or anything but when i put it in first and let up on the clutch it engages pretty much as soon as i start letting up and the car shakes pretty badly. i also have a sqeeky sound when i release the clutch and it starts to engage the flywheel again. do you guys think i need a new clutch or would it be something else. i am personally leaning towards a new clutch i bled the system but it didnt do anything.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry to bump, but I'm having this problem too. Clutch will engage right off the floor and when I put it to the floor in gear it will keep creeping along. I sometimes can't get into gear when I'm sitting still. I've got an Exedy clutch (installed Feb '08), a new slave cylinder (installed with the clutch), a new master cylinder (April or May '08) and a new input shaft seal (June '10). Any idea what this is? I'm thinking the fluid is bad. Also when you push down the clutch pedal, it will stick down low.

·
Registered
61 Posts
check for leaks in the hose around the slave cylinder, and you can adjust where the clutch engages by going down by the pedal and adjusting the brass rod that goes into the firewall.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll check them in the morning. I'm going to start with flushing the fluid and seeing if that helps. I should add this was a sudden problem, I was sitting in traffic and when I was taking off, I felt the pedal sticking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts