Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so I have the KSport coilover kit and after I got my new wheels and tires I had to find out the hard way that the offset was off, dispite all of the research I did on here. The wheels and tires lasted three months B4 the coilover kit finally cut through the driver side tire. The passenger side was getting cut through but not as bad as the drivers side was. Well, After a flat tire, a week later I finally recieved my new tires in the mail.. I went from a 235/40/18 to a 225/40/18 and I also purchase a set of 5mm wheel spacers to help out. I decided that B4 I get everything installed I would go ahead and go lower in the front so I started to adjust the passenger side coilover and !!!BAM!!!! Thats when the beginning to a bad day started... The clamp that adjusts the coilover slipped off and Im guessing the dust shield on the brakes SLICED my hand open. The white meat didn't scare me but the BLUE meat did... My girlfriend patched me up and back to work I went. After getting the coilovers adjusted to the height that I wanted, I put the wheels back on the car along with the spacers. I started with the passenger side and I loved how flush the wheel and tire was with the side of the car, but when I put on the drivers side wheel, I notices almost immediately that something was off. The wheel was not flush with that side at all. Its about an inch depper in the wheel well. Keep in mind that that was tha same side that The coilover cut through. I never noticed it B4 but when I put that spacer on there I notices immediately. Whats the deal with that? Im positive that the spacers are the same size. After a few people at my job looked at it some of them said that it looks like it just need an allighnment. I think its more than that. I hope not though. ANyway... Any thoughts will help. Yes my coilovers come w/ pilow mounts. Yes, everything works properly, except, now the car is pulling to the right. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
315 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! blue meat? when i was replacing my rea hub and bearings that happened to me but my hand ran in to the brake calipers and just raped my hand. its most likely a alignment. but that doesnt explain how your driver nside is an inch deeper. cheak your front arms i.e tension rod, tie rod, mcpherson struts lower control arm. just cheak if there strait.

·
Registered
346 Posts
alignment...camber,toe should be adjusted when you swap to coilovers...
Does it look like your front tires are angled? One side might be angled more than the other.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
teknobuzz89 said:
Props for a clean ass Zenki and ouch....
Thanx, I really appreciate that.. You rarely hear anyone complimentin anyone on here. Everyone usually alwayz downtalks people on here. Thanx again. Yeah and its a big ouch.. My had is all swollen and shyt!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tetanus for the lose. Get that hand examined. Think of the years of road grime that was on that guard. Maybe pick up some mechanic gloves to save your skin next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts