Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have gone thru my second cometic gaskit but they dont look blown . i dont get it ! oil was going into my water .It seems as if it dosnt sit down on the block all the way and it leaks oil . my engine is turboed and iam pushing around 400+ hp is there anything that i could do to prevent any head problems . is there a diffrent brand that will sit better but wont blow for the power .Also it looks like if one of my pistons kinda got burnt on the edges but its only one . what can it be? thanks:eek:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
sounds like u may have a warped head... Or if u had it machined... they trimmed the shit all uneven..

·
Registered
19 Posts
at 400 id still rock a felpro gasket. but if you wanna run the mls gasket you need to have the block and head ( both with timing covers attached) machined to a perfect surface.

cometics are known to have problems unless precise steps are taken

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Omg the block!!!! I don’t wanna take out the block ! So fel pro will still hold for 400hp but i can’t go over? is it a regular gasket or a racing type? But I cant push it more then that right? do u know how much boost i can possibly do on a felpro?

·
Registered
19 Posts
guys over at ka-t.org are pushing 530+ whp on a felpro. just make sure your using ARPs and torqued correctly. felpro is just a oem replacement gasket basically

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys :thumbsupShould I get new arp bolts? And what are the torque specs? Because the last time I did that I torqued it at 90 pounds

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I would check your torque specs with the ARP studs... they are different than the Stock specs for teh head bolts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
From KA-T.org:

Using the FSM in numerical order torque the bolts down to 20 ft/lbs then again to 59ft/lbs. In order loosen all the bolts.
This procedure stretches the bolts so you won't lift the head under mega boost load.
Then again torque the bolts down to 25ft/lbs in order than 60ft/lbs. All of these values are using ARP moly lube. Spec will be different for Oil and grease but moly-lube is recommended.

ARP Specs: Torque these head stud nuts at 60-65 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
That's what I'm here for.. giving information and occasional verbal abuse...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts