Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
SR20 DET B140 Wagon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not the normal heater core bypass question...:D

Im planing on bypassing everything and looping the coolant out directly into the thermostat coolant return line, and need some info if anyone has done this before.

So let me start, I stay in a relatively warm area, coldest temps in winter hovers around 3C, avg yearly temp is > 20C and the ute is a weekend toy.
Due to all of this, I was doing research in removing the heater core (loop heater feed to heater return), but then I figured, while doing that, I might as well bypass the throttle coolant line as well as the IACV coolant lines too, this being all the std thing to do,
this then led me to think why not just bypass all of the coolant "accessories" that feeds from out of the block and returns back to the thermostat/pump housing?

Looking at the image below that I found online,

I was thinking that
#2,3,4 can be blocked off completely, as 3 is the return line from heater to the waterpump and 4 is the return line from the TB that is fed from #2
#1 is then connected directly to #5.
The turbo return line will then be routed to the water neck leading to the radiator.

My understanding is that #5 flows unobstructed past the thermostat into the water pump, that will still regulate the engine temps as normal and #3 bypasses the thermostat and goes directly to the waterpump feed?
Looking at the manual and current line setup, there is a permanent T that goes from #1 directly to #5 anyway to keep feeding the thermostat to regulate engine temps.

Does anyone see any issue with that ? esp. with the part where the heater,IACV and TB coolant return lines are all blocked so there will be no water flow through #3 and #4.

The other option is to do some sort of T-Piece from #1 to #3,4, and 5, but sending water directly to the pump seems unnecessary , unless there is a difference between the water that goes into #3 and #5 but that then still makes it look cluttered and also adds extra clamps, hoses, joints and points of failures again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts