Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
2,096 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the forum.
It's not so much that theres a lot of difficult work involved with getting one of these back up and running, it's the fact that it's time consuming and parts are getting really hard to come by.
If that is an automatic with the original ka engine, then it's not going to shock you when you get it running.
If it's been sitting for 4-5 years, you will need to go through the whole car.

Assuming the following:
-Engine is the original ka and works fine, minus this fuel pump and fuel tank needing to be put back in
- They are in possession of the vehicle title (which is very unlikely)
-It doesn't have a lot of rust, check the frame rails right by the front where it curves upward to the firewall
-Doesn't have a million miles, I'll say 100,000 to 150,000

I'd say $1000-1800

Check your states laws on how you would go about getting a vehicle title. Maybe they do bonded titles in your state. Or you have another mechanic friend who can put a mechanics lien on it, DO NOT use the shop you are buying it from for that.

Since they probably do not have the vehicle title I'd say stick to $1000. By the time you go through the hassle of all that, it'll be close $500-800 to get a title.

It really depends on the condition of the vehicle. if it's rotted, I'm sure you can part it out for some money. But do your own research.

I bought an S14 without a title for cheap. Literally the next week there was an identical S14 that was running, for $1000 WITH a title. I've already spent way more than that just getting a bunch of spare parts and what not. Car doesn't even run yet (meant for track duty). So beware. You want to be really knowledgeable before you can make a decision, don't let a project 240 be your first experience unless you have prior experience resurrecting cars from the dead.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts