Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crane collapses in GR, knocks out power

midway through the video (0:51) you can see my wagon with gold wheels. it fell nearly 10 feet from my car! came less than a foot away from this persons car...
oh and there is a lot of bums and homeless in that area of town so its funny hearing their reaction lol.

the story:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A construction crane collapsed in downtown Grand Rapids Friday night and knocked out power to 250 customers in the area.

The crane collapsed just before 7 p.m. in an alley behind the Republic near Division Ave.

The Grand Rapids Fire Department responded. Investigators said the crane operator was moving it and turned the top section while it was near a hole. The crane tipped into the hole. The crane's boom fell on top of power lines between buildings.

Consumer's Energy says 250 customers are without power, and estimated that power would be returned at the earliest by midnight.

Pioneer Construction said it was a 60-foot, 50-ton crane. The company was working on a parking garage and was putting in the foundation when it collapsed.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Ha, that would be an interesting scene to walk out to your car in...

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha thats crazy! btw i think those wheels look no bueno the audi
bronze/gold on white - its how both my cars are :)

^ before or after cleaning the shit out of your pants?
LOL^

and I just saw the aftermath, I was on a date at the time and I come back and there are cops and firetrucks all over the area where I parked a bunch of people standing around and I was like WTF?! I'm kind of glad I didn't get towed or anything because I doubt I was supposed to park there lol.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What were you parked downtown for? Do you work there? I would never park my car downtown unless I had to lol

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
It was like WOW..

Just happened to look and hyaa baba da??? and it was like BOOM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts