Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's all starting to come together. In these pics, you can see how the fender well has been extended and the bodypanels have been cut off (obviously). When the fenders are complete, they will not be flared. We are keeping the factory lines of the car, but just extending the fenders 2.5" using metal instead of fiberglass. I will post more progress pics of my car as it comes along. The rear wheels are 19x10.5 on wrapped in a 275/30/19 tire. I didn't want to get to crazy on the fenders, i just want them to look as clean as possible. Obviously, at this stage, its probably difficult for you all to picture what they will turn out like. I'll say it again, they won't be crazy widebody, just wide enough so that the S13 will look more beefy. The front fenders are the Origin S13 to S15 conversion fenders (+20mm) and the rear fenders match up with the width of the front already. It's hard to see from these pics, but in person they match the front perfectly. The ORIGIN fenders fit like shit. They had to be completely redone in order for them to fit perfectly. Luckily, Jose @ J&M Paint and Body is very picky about alignment and fitment and made sure the front end was perfect before starting to work on the rear Anyway, the reason why I post this is because there was a thread regarding metal rear over fenders... well this is just the way im doing my rear fenders. Hope you like so far! If anyone would like me to email them pics as the project progresses, i would be more than happy to do so. :thumbsup

·
Registered
952 Posts
wow man thats pretty intense, your going to get some people flaming you for putting 19's on a 240 but this is going to be mostly a show car right? it looks good so far, you doing all the work yourself or you getting someone else to do it? keep us updated good work!

·
Registered
713 Posts
dude i give you props for cutting into your car like that. i just hope you know what you're doing. deninitely keep us updated. i think you should get some smaller wheels with some beefier tires. that would look so sick man.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys! This car is not intended for the track... it will be my weekend car/show car, that's the only reason why i put 19"s on it. Strictly for aesthetic reasons. But, i am looking at 18" JLines further on down the line... but for this season im going to keep the GT-Cs. I know there are people who will flame because of the 19s, but hopefully they can look past that since i am not modifying the car for the track.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ImportGuy1208 said:
Very nice! It's good to see someone doing sheetmetal work rather than just slapping on some fiberglass and bondo-ing the crap out of it!
Thanks! :thumbsup

That was mainly the idea, i just wanted something more permanent and unique.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
[QUOTE}teknobuzz89 Nah, it's the Origin S15 "Stream" front bumper. I love the INGs and really wanted it, but i couldn't refuse the deal i got with Origin and Version Select.[/QUOTE]

Heh, you see, i was to excited to see the pictures and didnt even bother reading your little paragraph:gaylaugh

·
Registered
521 Posts
dallas

where is by J&M's Paint and Body in dallas? garland, grand prairie, irving or downtown? thanks lmk im in the area. Don

1 - 20 of 258 Posts