Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry im not the biggest nerd you ill find when it comes to cars. matte of fact i dont know much about cars at all. but i start driving in about 4-5 months and i really wanna get a 240. prolly 93 or up. but one thing i really dislike about the 300zx and the 240 is that their tail lights are ugly. and the tail lights on a corvette are amazing. so i was wondering wud it be possible to lets say swap the taill lights off a 93-95 corvette and throw them on a 240sx? wud it be too costly of a process ? is it worth it? and second of all i dont really like the front head lights on a 240 either. i just dont like the concept of them closing and opening. so to replace those with corvette head lights possible? or again wud it be too costly? if so how much exactly. Thanks a bunch for the help guys. Appreciated

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry im not the biggest nerd you ill find when it comes to cars. matte of fact i dont know much about cars at all. but i start driving in about 4-5 months and i really wanna get a 240. prolly 93 or up. but one thing i really dislike about the 300zx and the 240 is that their tail lights are ugly. and the tail lights on a corvette are amazing. so i was wondering wud it be possible to lets say swap the taill lights off a 93-95 corvette and throw them on a 240sx? wud it be too costly of a process ? is it worth it? and second of all i dont really like the front head lights on a 240 either. i just dont like the concept of them closing and opening. so to replace those with corvette head lights possible? or again wud it be too costly? if so how much exactly. Thanks a bunch for the help guys. Appreciated
ok lol your entitled to your own opinion but that was the stupidest thing i ever heard lol i have a 95 240sx s14 and the tail lights are sexy lol and not all 240's have folding headlights look at some zenki's (95- 98) 240sx's. and to answer your question yes it would be pretty damn expensive to put corvette taillights on a 240. plus why would you want to do that lol.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
^Bingo

Spend a thousand + dollars for corvette crap when you could just buy the 180sx kouki taillights and a silvia conversion.

Or just buy a corvette.

·
Registered
493 Posts
buy a corvette? hows that sound?
Seriously, if you were paying someone to do the taillight swap instead of doing the work yourself, chances are you could get a half decent C4 Corvette for the same price as a 240SX + Corvette taillight swap. '80s era Corvettes are not as expensive as you might think; $5,000 ought to get you one in pretty good shape.

But to answer your original question: Yes, it can be done. You'd need to make a panel to hold the taillights out of sheet metal or fiberglass. It's sort of like Skyline taillight transplants - although that probably would have been better received around here, and the way the Skyline taillights come in a single module would make things a bit easier.

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
sorry im not the biggest nerd you ill find when it comes to cars. matte of fact i dont know much about cars at all. but i start driving in about 4-5 months and i really wanna get a 240. prolly 93 or up
I have a soft spot in my heart for questions like this. Im bored so ill break it down a bit.

We are "nerds" because we understand cars better than this young man. He openly admits his ignorance to things automotive.

He does not even have a drivers license let alone a car, let alone a reliable 240sx. On top of all of this he criticizes the front and rear design of the car which means, I guess he likes the doors??

He wants a 93 and up. all 94 cars made in the US are convertibles then the S14 was introduced in 95. A bit of research would have turned up that he likes the 91-93 cars and not 89-90.

Lastly, He is asking something so off of the wall as far as modifying a car that he does not even have, let alone DRIVE legally.

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
I mean if we are going to literally throw the idea around then okay. I think its extremely impractical to do any sort of "conversion" with head and tail lights except for factory parts that fit.

as far as corvette tail lights. Lets post up the pics and talk.

·
Suck My Balls!
3,549 Posts
I personally think that done correctly it could look good on the right car. The car would need the right aero, wheels and such to pull it off though. When I look at the rear of our cars, in respect to this conversion, I see so much fabrication which means extreme labor costs since most of us do not have the skill to do it right. I don't know, just not worth it.

·
NEWB
5,166 Posts
been done... or in the process of...

vert with corvette tails...

actually he's cutting out the tail lights to use kouki tails, with a corvette rear... whatever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
that is waist of money...
if u dont like 240sx lights and other stuff.. dont buy it simple as that.. lol
ppl make it so complicated...
changing the back light and stuff is alright.. maybe a better version...
but changing the chasis? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks a lot guys for your help. "nissanfreak8" thank you for your advice. i always knew it wud be a really costly process if possible and you suggested using the 180sx kouki taillights which is great. i just didnt know it was out there. and member "twofortysx" thanks for posting those pics. although i still think the corvette tail lights are wicked but the 180sx kouki do the job. thanks alot for the help guys. appreciated.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts