Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
need some help.
my s13 wont start, noticed that the P/S pulley ate through some of the wires on the ECU harness, including the one that goes to the coil. so i fixed that problem. still wouldn't start after that. checked fuses and battery, all is good. so i replaced the distributer. still wont start :tears

besides the coil being bad, what else could the problem be?
coil has power in btw.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Power transistor

·
Registered
241 Posts
Either that or you actually do have a bad coil. Neither one are cheap. Search button should have been used. But we forgive you.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Easy try to see if it is a coil... buy a MSD Blaster 2 ($50 or less) and wire it in.. if that doesn't fix it, your need the power transistor, but you have a hotter coil to go with it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok thanks, i have a coil from a SOHC, and some wiring from a DOHC harness, should i use the transistor(coil side) from the SOHC? its the same connection IIRC, and use the extra plug(harness side) ill prob pick up a MSD coil today from advanced auto, if they have it in stock

ugh, ok changed out coil and transistor, still no spark... im at a loss

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
any one have any other ideas?? and does a SOHC power transistor work on a DOHC (same plug size, different part number)
part number diffrences..

DOHC :

PRW-1A
14 03

SOHC :

PRW-1
8X14

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'd get a DOHC transistor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im really lost.

replaced entire harness and ECM
still nothing. i tried another disturber, a transistor from a SOHC (i believe), MSD Coil

and no spark

is there anyway to test the transistor or dis? to see if it actually is working right? i dont want to spend anymore money on things that wont fix the problem

any help is appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Check the FSM..

I believe you can use an Ohm/Volt Meter to test the Power Transistor

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Also.. if you look through the FSM, you can check to see if you have voltage and grounds in all the right spots...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im having this problem too. i swapped a KADE in my 89, i have a 94 dist, harness and coil. its cranking, getting fuel, but i got no spark at the coil. probably a stupid question but can anyone help me

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Grounds hooked up?

S13 DOHC ECU?

Check the power Transistor?

Have you tried anything?

Looked at the FSM?

Spark plug wires installed correctly?

Distributor 180 degrees out?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
do i have to have a 91 to 94 ecu? cause i think i have a 95...
YES

'95 is a half-ass OBD1/ODBII cluster fuck...

You need an S13 DOHC ECU

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah thanks i just ordered one. your the first person to give me an answer in three threads! its this, and the transistor that we haven't looked into on your list so im hoping its just this. if its not either of these two i don't know what the hell im gonna do.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts