Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was in a crash and my whole front end was kinda pushed in towards the firewall. The engine still runs strong like before the crash, but Now my fan wont work and im wondering if it is ok to drive like this? My fan works, it just wont turn because its being blocked by all the junk being pushed forward.

heres are some pics:

also, im wondering, do you guys think it is worth it to try and fix? nothing leaks. the engine starts up fine, idles fine, and runs fine. i had to drive it home after the crash about 15 miles and it was ok. The only thing is that its harder to shift gears now, its not as smooth as it should be and it almost feels like they will pop out of gear if i let them go. It runs exactly the same as before the crash, nice.

Anyways, just wondering what you guys think of it. the insurance company isnt going to pay a dime since i only have liability and it was my fault.

The car is still hella clean inside and out, its just that the front bumper/support/end/fenders/hood are just pushed in from the crash. It runs fine. I havnt been driving it because i was worried about the fan not working. Is it safe?

im already in the market for another 240 anyways, but do you think i can sell this as a whole? or would i have to part it out? what kind of $$ do you think i can get for it parted out or as a whole. im really sad because ive had this car for 2 years and its so damn clean, it sucks. she was my baby. anyways, im just looking for your opinions on the car, no sympathy needed. Thanks for any and all comments.

·
Registered
43 Posts
tman thats a clean body :thumbsup except the front

no dont drive with your fan like that :nono

sorry to here about the crash

and that antena hole :D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
the radiator didnt crack? Thats pretty lucky if the radiator is intact they usually crack if you look at them wrong. For the fan get in there and remove the engine mounted fan first. I wouldnt drive it, go to the junkyard and saw the front end off a 240 and use the radiator support its tack welded and not that hard to replace. If you dont wanna do it I would just sell the car as a whole, where are u located? You could prob get 700-800 for it as is with a clean title

·
Registered
42 Posts
you got lucky thats not that bad, just tie it to a tree and pull it out, and make sure to replace ur fan shroad so your fan doesn't eat your harness/vacuum lines.... trust me it sucks

·
Registered
525 Posts
holy crap you got owned...
were you not looking in front of you or something? because i did the same thing except not nearly as bad.
good luck

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I did approximately the same damage to my S13. Replacing the core support was relatively easy. Just mark where the position is, drill the 20 or so spot welds out, and drill the spot welds out on the one you pull from the junkyard or wherever. Make sure you use a spot weld remover(leaves the panel underneight intact, like a hole saw. The align the new part, and fill in the holes with molten welder love.

I picked up a good condition fan shroud and radiator for $20 and got rid of the A/C fan since the A/C didnt work anyway. Slip and sliden 240, thats not a bad deal if you remove the core support for him. A brand new core support from Nissan costs around $300, but you would have to use a spot welder to install it. The used core support cost me $100 cut from the junkyard, and the silvia front end cost about $1000 even shipped, bringing a total of $1120 to fix her up.

One more thing, the eye thing is funny. My car looked like it was crying, the headlight motor arms were bent it was trying to move the headlight back down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts