Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering....I'm planning to go to the US from Canada at some point in time..(not necessarily now...have to get a car first lol). But when I get a car I'm planning on going KA-T. Would I get any trouble at the border?!?! What about if I had an SR cause I know those are illegal?? Just trying to get a heads up cause I dont want to get into any trouble with anyone from the law

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to ask any questions about your car.. Just looking for drugs n shit

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Just crossing over? Or you talking about moving here and bringing the car with you?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just corssing to check some friends. What about if I came over got a bunch of shit to rebuild my engine and tried to cross back? just to savecrazy shipping fees

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
They aren't going to rummage through your car, even if you have a bunch of car parts, unless you act all suspicious or something and make them think you have drugs in the assortment of parts. And there is no way they will check for a cat let alone check your engine. Plus a KA-T isn't illegal unless you make it illegal (Correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just make sure you don't have any crack pipes in plain view and reek like weed/alcohol, and you won't have a problem. As long as your papers are in order. I've never had a problem at the border that was car related anyways.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
^ Puma, I don't think you have posted one valid point in the past couple of days, hahaha. Although your posts have been some of the funniest I have seen. I give you a +1 for being able to find a humorous picture for pretty much any topic that could pop up on here. You are the man Puma.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
^ Puma, I don't think you have posted one valid point in the past couple of days, hahaha. Although your posts have been some of the funniest I have seen. I give you a +1 for being able to find a humorous picture for pretty much any topic that could pop up on here. You are the man Puma.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Somebody needs a vacation... Puma;

Anyways, like stated before, As long as your papers are in order and all up to date, And you nor your car doesn't smell like marijuana. then you're fine.

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
just make sure the passport, drivers lisense, etc is all up to date.

registration and crap.

outside of that, i doubt that they will have you pop the hood or trunk unless you give them reason to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SR's are not "illegal". that's mostly a kookyfornia thing. you'll be fine,,,it's not like you're registering the car in the U.S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts