Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been done before, but Wussmonster and I have found a better method. take a look and tell us what you think

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
nice, too bad about the holes - i'm sure there's a way to conceal them though

·
Registered
92 Posts
go240 said:
nice, too bad about the holes - i'm sure there's a way to conceal them though
spackle? clay? bondo? in the end you could try so many different things to fill in the holes. after seeing this i am now tempted to remove that cloth crap from my car..... now if only i knew where a hair dryer would be located in this house.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was it hot out when you did yours? I am in Oregon(and it's freakin cold right now), and tried to just pull on it .. and what I got was what you saw on the blue one.. it took the better part of 3 hrs to get all of it off.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've never had to use a heat gun/hair dryer to get the cloth off either of my s13's door panels, just sat down and started peeling and they came off no problem...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I waited to do mine until the middle of last summer. Hot days with the windows closed pwns that door fabric. Heat via hairdryer, heat gun (low), or a hot day is the way to go with this stuff.

Good write-up.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Is there foam stuff under there on the s13 uphoulstry? I didnt use a hair drier and it left this yellow foam residue. I got most of it off with a pressure washer but some goo gone will be necessary. Also, there are no holes for us s14 guys. maybe i will use a hair drier for the passenger side.

·
Registered
199 Posts
both of mine peeled right off *phew*, holes suck but oh well..

i also need to go gone the glue residue, ill probably do it tomororw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it has that same shitty stuff the s14 guys where talkign about.. that's why I just painted it

·
Registered
73 Posts
I picked up a spare glove box cover from the junkyard and tried everything I could to get it off. I ripped the carpet off, and acetoned it, I think I tried goo gone, and break clean. The only thing I can think of is to sand it smooth, prime it and paint it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts