Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Yeah it did, I mean how many times can you really ask questions that have been asked a million times?

I still have my project but we are still in the middle of moving our business up the shopping center to a better location so i havent had time to even poop when i want to

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Blame yourselves lol.
No one comes back here and posts in their build threads.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I wish I had something to post in my build thread. Back to fucked up to stab my trans and drop my motor by myself. So I've just been sewing and helping my roommate with our friend's 2001 camaro ss rebuild. If I help him with stuff I can do such as burning out bushings, cleaning parts to paint, taking stuff apart... He'll help me drop my motor. Then I can run my wiring harness, put my interior back in and start buttoning it up.

Some infiniti seats

Post more!

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
ugh im still alive....and this place is still alive?!

Well, barely.

HAvent updated my build since october. Mainly because i really havent changed ANYTHING on the car, and havent had incentive to mod it. Between student loans and life, the 240 has taken a back seat. It sat outside for most of the winter, and i just recently started driving it on the weekends. Got a daily that gets WAY better MPG and saves me TONS of money. Shit im lucky to get 200-220 miles a tank OUT OF BOOST and strictly highway! Having fun? shit mid teens (150-170miles)or less. Honestly i barely got 20mpg while N/A, so im not surprised. The daily gets closer to 30mpg. Can get 300-320miles/tank if im easy on the gas. Power sucks but, oh well.

Been modding the PC lately, ill probably post a thread about that. If i cant mod the 240, ill mod the PC lol. Just snagged a Define R5 case to replace old faithful Antec 300, and got a 3tb Western Digital RE Enterprise HD. Love these enterprise drives. reliability is top notch compared to consumer grade stuff. Also got a GTX 970 and a Noctua NHU12S Cooler. Been getting into overclocking lately(so far im at [email protected]) and been enjoying it :D Next up is a 2nd NF-F12 fan for the cooler, upgraded PSU (evga 750g2) and bigger boot SSD (850 EVO 500gb).

Slightly older pic, but basically what ive been doing the past few days :D

Crappy blurry pic of parts on my bed during the swap

old, meet new!

Overview of the build so far:

Fan at the bottom has placed as a rear exhaust fan. Fractal released it a few days ago for retail purchase. two identical fans came with the case, but i wanted a matching one for the rear.

I really want cleaner cable routing but im limited with the length and design of my PSU cables. I originally wanted the SSD behind the MOBO, and a 3 drive cage placed at the bottom of the case, but due to said lengths, i had to go with the 5 drive bay and put the SSD in the cage. Also the way the sata connectors are daisy chained, i didnt have enough length to reach the optical drive and still connect to the HDDs. Also i didnt have enough room from the SSD mobo location to the drives. Big clusterfuck. Will pick up a EVGA 750G2 in a few weeks to straighten everything out.

If anyone plays BF3/BF4 for PC i usually am kicking ass, and thats where you will usually find me. SN is unreal2290.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
what the fuck are you guys talking about? what new Z/S chassis? I thought they scrapped everything.

You have no idea how many times i was just about to give in and get a new wrx/sti since nissan will do it again in like 27 years

Evo 7-9 is where it's at. Not a Fan of the 10 and in all honesty in mild forms STi struggles to keep up with Evo's.

But I would really love the place to come back alive to how it was but I can't do it by myself. I need ya'll to come back and be active lol.
:crying:

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Any new iteration of the S chassis will just make their own forum. With blackjack. And hookers. On second thought forget the forum.

·
The Lazy Mod...zzz
9,970 Posts
Any new iteration of the S chassis will just make their own forum. With blackjack. And hookers. On second thought forget the forum.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHH!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Well we are almost done with moving our store so I should be coming back more often this summer. So sad that we are leaving our "second home" after 17 years.

On another note, I was bitching hard about spending a few grand on a swap and now I have to deal with a fine that is somewhere in the 15-25 thousand dollar range......

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Geez what's the fine for?
Hope that doesn't affect the build. Even though that's a fat bill.

·
Registered
144 Posts
forever lurking...

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
underage minor used a fake out of state ID to buy beer. I questioned him, he answered everything right, his id scanned, i inspected the hologram to the best of my abilities,and sold him beer. He gets caught outside by an unmarked state policeman.

His id had his photo, scanned and everything worked.

Cop let him go after confiscating his alcohol.

Like 10 years ago some 20 year old kid gave my dad a fake id that scanned as well.
It was a 15,000 dollar fine reduced to 10,000 and 5 years probation.

This kid is a juvenile and I could've been arrested on the spot. I have not slept well. All this in the middle of us finalizing our move to the bigger location just a few stores up the shopping center. Amongst other things, this isnt a bad omen at all (sarcasm).

It's not going to affect the build but it has greatly affected me personally.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts