Nissan 240SX Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
I need to get another project cause this one's hit a dead end and a big life change is soon to happen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I need to get another project cause this one's hit a dead end and a big life change is soon to happen.

If you were closer I have a 92 hatch shell that has very little surface rust. It's cheap too. I had/have big plans for it, if I ever finish the current build. lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Man, my "build" has just been me learning how to car. Simple little things here and there. I know where I want to be when I'm done, but being a responsible adult comes first, unfortunately. I'm kicking around a few Facebook groups now though, because they're easier to access. I can Facebook and 240 at the same time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Man, my "build" has just been me learning how to car. Simple little things here and there. I know where I want to be when I'm done, but being a responsible adult comes first, unfortunately. I'm kicking around a few Facebook groups now though, because they're easier to access. I can Facebook and 240 at the same time.
I was entertaining the "240sx Owner's Club" on FB and just following "S Chassis" for ideas. There are way too many idiots on the owner's club. They have weeded out a lot of the trolling douchebags, but you can barely ask a question without getting harped on.

I totally hear you on the being a responsible adult. Child #2 is due August 13th. Little girl this time! Super excited, but being a responsible adult is why my car has been on and off jackstands for the last 3 years, never moving under it's own power.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm on both. I'm the guy that will go out and look around my own car to help people out. I hate haters. If the question is simple, and is one of the legendary, everybody-goes-through-it problems or modifications, I will be less likely to help. But I've gone under my car with my camera phone to show somebody what kind of coilover clearance I have at my width and offset when he was deciding what size spacer he needed. It's hard telling people to search when I know that most Google links they click will lead to the other places people have asked and gotten bitched it though. We've got a hateful community these days, it seems.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Right on. I'm glad there are still people who will actually help. I refuse to go to the other forum. WAY too many clowns there.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
If you were closer I have a 92 hatch shell that has very little surface rust. It's cheap too. I had/have big plans for it, if I ever finish the current build. lol
My shell is good it's just I'm planning on moving and the market here will give me back more than where I'm going.

And coming from 2 S14's my drive for the 13 has kind of come to a halt.
Getting back in another Clean 14 is my ultimate goal as far as that goes.

Also replied to your PM

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My shell is good it's just I'm planning on moving and the market here will give me back more than where I'm going.

And coming from 2 S14's my drive for the 13 has kind of come to a halt.
Getting back in another Clean 14 is my ultimate goal as far as that goes.

Also replied to your PM
Fair enough!

This place needs to liven up! Where is everyone?!?!

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Nah, no one ever grows up. You just get caught up in other shit.

Subie is alive, build is finally moving forward again since im not working like 50+ hour weeks anymore.

A paintjob is the only thing that will remain after this summer.

I know this place is dead but its still cool to see part of your life somewhere. We can still keep this place alive.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nah, no one ever grows up. You just get caught up in other shit.

Subie is alive, build is finally moving forward again since im not working like 50+ hour weeks anymore.

A paintjob is the only thing that will remain after this summer.

I know this place is dead but its still cool to see part of your life somewhere. We can still keep this place alive.
We kinda need updates to keep it alive ;-)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow, I still recognize some names but I haven't been on here in years...unfortunately I got out of the Nissan game for now. I would like to pick another one up eventually for autocross but when I was living in Wichita, KS it was almost all about drag so this is my toy now.

On drag radials my best is 11.97 @ 118. I'm hoping with the slicks in the picture and the 100 shot of nitrous that I'll get into the 10s. If not, I'll bump up to 150 lol

A couple months ago I moved to Ann Arbor, MI for a design engineer position with Toyota so that was pretty excited. Up here, there's a lot more interest in autox and road courses so I'll probably pick up another Nissan in the new couple of years. I'm buying a house in a week with a 3 car attached garage and around a 6 car detached so I'll have plenty of room for car activities.

Anyone around this area?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Every time I look at the car I am compelled to start going nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh Batman... This pleases me greatly.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Here's a couple pics of the house and detached garage.

Those are the best pictures I have for now. I'm pretty excited. First step for the garage is a lift. These are pictures as it is now so all the stuff inside the garage is the previous owners

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks, yea it's a bit out of Ann Arbor where I work but not too terrible. It's crazy how much more house you can get for your money when you get out of the city a bit. Even though it''ll be out from Ann Arbor a bit, there's still 2 other towns nearby that are decently sized.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Just popped in to say hey.... I don't have the S13 anymore. Putting all my focus into my Datsun these days. Sooooooo... Hi

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a long time lurker but I'm picking up *another* s13 this week hopefully. I'd hate to see this place go away/die. Forums like this are real treasures that we take for granted now that Facebook pages are up and running...

41 - 60 of 72 Posts