Nissan 240SX Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Totally prefer the forum. Too many douchebags and keyboard warriors on FB groups.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
+1

But either one is only fun if it's active.
Trying to get this place bumpin again.

For me I think a good place to start is to have more "Regulars" be active in the Beginner section.
Keep the noobs coming back and they'll eventually turn into a Regular.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Really sad that I just have not had the time anymore to be here.
Its been the same sad song for me. I have the money and energy, just no time. This summer I helped my dad set up his business (aka my job) in the new location. Literally been making stacks. I dont even have time to spend it.

The good thing is that my car will never rust away; the bad is that it is collecting dust so with more time all the wiring is probably gonna crap out.

I have enough money to buy an sr and completely rebuild it at a shop and still have my emergency reserve ( which is to be suddenly kicked out of my house and be able to pay for an apartment for a whole year until i find a new job)

To put it in perspective, all summer I've worked at minumum 42 hours a week and maximum of 57 and I took my first day off in 3 years to go to the beach.

I just want to go to a local importer and buy an engine so I can slowly work on it..... ;(

I really do miss this place but we are at the point that anyone who buys this car now is pretty much going to restore it now.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Some of us grow up faster than others.
Some may come back later, some won't.
It's inevitable.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Why is it so hard to freakin buy a decent engine from an importer now?

They still charge prices like its 2006 and it JUST came out a running car when we all know it hasnt been run for a long ass time. Getting a response from someone is so much of a hassle not even beginning to mention that you are expected to perform oral sex to get a compression test.

Out of the 5 nearby importers only Elite JDM made an effort to tell me that they are out of stock and were extremely sorry and the other place decided to ignore my questions and just tell me to come on down and theyll take care of me.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you ever end up finding an importer ? I almost want to just get one from a Facebook page as many times you can get some cheap goodies too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Oh yeah, I got mine last September (holy crap)
I havent gotten it running yet because of no time. I've been in school the whole time since then or been working. I'm done summer courses ( Machine theory/design and Fluids) so I'll finally be able to just work and mess with the car.

My plan is to use it for my senior project ( Revised airflow, new radiator design and relocation) so the car needs to run by the end of summer ( giving myself time in case it needs a rebuild)

Just because me and some other people arent on the forum as often, doesnt mean we have forgotten about the car.

Ideally I would like to keep it updated as I do things in real time but time doesnt allow me to go on my build and be like

"Hey guys, broke off a bolt in my turbo housing during engine install, took it to the machine shop at school and fucked it up ever more lol xD fucking christ help me"

We're here chipping away.

I'm about to start a bigass group text/snapchat or something for forum members to keep being a pain in each others ass to work on shit

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm about to start a bigass group text/snapchat or something for forum members to keep being a pain in each others ass to work on shit
If I had snapchat, i'd be down. Need to find another way!

Like you come here and don't update your build... what gives?:wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
This thread isn't dead. There are still some folks asking questions every once in a while. Let's revive the whole forum again!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
This thread isn't dead. There are still some folks asking questions every once in a while. Let's revive the whole forum again!
We're working on it, but many of the older members aren't even owners of 240s anymore, I know I'm not. Also, much of the forums have gone over to FB.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We're working on it, but many of the older members aren't even owners of 240s anymore, I know I'm not. Also, much of the forums have gone over to FB.
Oh, we have a FB page? Might as well check that out. I guess, with the rise of social media, forums aren't that popular anymore, which is quite sad, come to think of it.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Oh, we have a FB page? Might as well check that out. I guess, with the rise of social media, forums aren't that popular anymore, which is quite sad, come to think of it.
Not really, I'm just saying in general, people tend to do FB groups a lot more than forums now. I think there is a 240sxForums page, but not an actual group on FB.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts