Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's one for you. I'm thinking bout buying a series2 rb25det motor set. A friend of mine said that I need to find out about the possibility of the ignitor chip thats in the ecu on that motor going bad. I just need to find out what are the advantages/disadvantages of going series1 motor or series2. Are there any? I'm just trying to find out before I pluck the money down and yes I did search the topic, none addressed my question.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The ignitor chip isnt inside the ECU. There is no mechanical differences in the motors.

·
Registered
694 Posts
theres no ignitor on the s2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyway for those who took the time to respond to my post and point me in the right direction thank you very much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not worried about it, I just wanted to be sure of the pros/cons (if any)before i made my decision whether to buy the series 1 or 2 motor set. I had read on a forum that the series 2 ignitor was on the ecu that's why I threw that up on this forum. It has been clarified and so I'll be on my way to get myself a series 2 motor set. Thanks for the offer tho and I'll keep it in mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts