Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my driver automatic seatbelt never moves, its always in the closed door position. im assuming the seatbelt system is tied into the door ajar sensor. i also notice that the open door light on the gauge cluster never turns on for the same side, and also dome light wont turn on when its supposed to when the same door is open. can a defective door ajar sensor cause it to never say when the door is open? if so, how much do they run for?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
happened to me, i just pulled the lil push switch in the door jam off, light never goes on now tho, so if its open you dont know lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did it mess with the auto seatbelt?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
mine is exactly backwards. my blinking light is always on and my seat belt is stuck in the open position. i wish i could get it fixed. im afraid of the dealership but i guess its a safety recall, or so i hear

·
Registered
33 Posts
ANV1L said:
so my driver automatic seatbelt never moves, its always in the closed door position. im assuming the seatbelt system is tied into the door ajar sensor. i also notice that the open door light on the gauge cluster never turns on for the same side, and also dome light wont turn on when its supposed to when the same door is open. can a defective door ajar sensor cause it to never say when the door is open? if so, how much do they run for?
i believe it is the sensor and it should cost under ten bucks at the dealer, or you can go to the junk yards and pull one off with a screwdriver. if not the try to use the sensor on the other side to test it out.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The seatbelts have a lifetime warrenty through nissan, labor and parts free, just make an appointment. There is no recall, the warrenty came with every car.

The sensor for the seatbelt is inside the door lock, the sensor for the door ajar is on the door jamb. I know this because my door ajar light stays on, but the seatbelts work fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah that does happen. but its so hard to find a decent working sensor at the junk yard. I've grab 5 different sensor all coming out of a 89-94 240 and I only got one that works but then it died out in a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts