Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it.

Got setup in the parking lot for my brake swap. Few friends came over to help and hang out (see 240 in background)

Removed the old brakes, cut off the splash guard, and Rustoleum'd the entire wheel well and suspension. The entire undercarriage is about 90% Rustoleum'd. Rust is not, and never will be an issue. :) Anyway, installed my SS brake lines.

Add 11" Brembo blank rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Motul 5.1 and 4 piston 300zx Twin Turbo calipers (painted black, with anodized blue on top).

Put the wheels back on and checked out the hotness. The swap isn't complete yet, however. I have to get longer studs and another spacer because my wheels are still rubbing. So the car is gonna be parked for a little while longer.

Did this the other day, but stripped the interior from the B-pillar back and the trunk. Not all that much louder, really, but I shed about a lot of weight worth of crap. It's dirty back there, but once I get the last bit of sound deadening out I'll probably have it repainted black.

That's all for now, feedback is appreciated as always.

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
lol welcome to the parking lot tuner group.

2 weeks ago I was on the ground replacing an exhaust gasket on my cat and added an inline fuse to my electric fan wiring.

and what wheels are those? I like em. specs please.

ps; I use the same jackstands.

·
240-kid
47,146 Posts
Looks good :D

What did your neightboors in the stalls next to you say?

Did they even come home :p j/k

·
Registered
815 Posts
andrewmp6 said:
fildelity it should unbolt if not a hammer it off or just cut part of it off
+1 on the point about it being bolted. But(!) it's sandwiched between the spindle and hub, and unbolting it would require taking this apart. It isn't easy, and took a hellacious impact gun after soaking in some PB Blaster to get it apart.

My suggestion is to use a hammer, screwdriver, etc. to break it apart, then clean up the edges with a file so as not to split your hand open when you do brake work. This way you don't have to separate any semi-major components, and don't really have to take anything off the car.

I can post some pictures tonight if you'd like.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
2Fass240us said:
+1 on the point about it being bolted. But(!) it's sandwiched between the spindle and hub, and unbolting it would require taking this apart. It isn't easy, and took a hellacious impact gun after soaking in some PB Blaster to get it apart.

My suggestion is to use a hammer, screwdriver, etc. to break it apart, then clean up the edges with a file so as not to split your hand open when you do brake work. This way you don't have to separate any semi-major components, and don't really have to take anything off the car.

I can post some pictures tonight if you'd like.

-Andy
damn..

well thanks for the info guys I'll be doing front brakes within a few days.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I checked the air filter once on my girls MR2 before we left for a road trip to Vegas and her apt manager just about flipped out that I was "working on the car".. which wasn't allowed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
RuskeR said:
...I hate Nazi apt managaers.
after something like that i would have given the heil hilter sign and then start goose stepping around the area, it should have one of two effects; one that he just leaves. or two that he leaves to call the cops either way he leaves and you have the time to check out the filter and then leave for vegas

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fidelity101 said:
wheels are those? I like em. specs please.
QUOTE]

Rota Subzeros 16x7 +35 offset with 5mm spacer.

ladiesman8527 said:
whose s13 is that in the background.
My friend who came over to help.

wussmonster said:
very nice. are you going to use a Z32 master cylinder?
Thinking about it. We'll see how the pedal feels on the current setup.

Fidelity101 said:
what method did you use to remove the shield?
Dremel tool and a few cut off wheels. Took about 10 minutes per shield, but I was able to cut it really close to the hub.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts