Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
diesel trucks are these fucking land missiles popping up everywhere or do i live in the most hillbilly of all states New Mexico these fucking things are everywhere i hate em i swear to god the guys that drive em all look the same, its like the mustang craze sad i really need to move soon florida here i come!!!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
yeah i sure hate those trucks and their 650 ft lb of torque out of the box.

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Ok.

IBTL!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just spent Christmas around Tampa, you're going to be dissappointed if you think moving there will get you away from them. Why would you care what someone else drives? Jealous?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO they are to damn big for anything on the street you get em street racing and its really hard for em to stop anyways i am not looking for anyone to be on my side so pound sand i am just bored and writing whats on my mind...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
ibt l:12dunno

why did this thread even begin..

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Thread epic phail. Period.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
just for that, I think Ill street race my cummins dually when I get it. I like diesels, however I think street racing them is retarded, take it to the track or truck pulls. If you really think they are gay, I think you should look into the diesel drag racing scene. There are some fast daily driven trucks out there. It doesnt take much to do it either, they are pretty indestructable.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
hahaha your stupid!

OK. show me a gas engine that can pull 16,000lbs at 17mpg. You cant!!!

Oh, and with a $800 chip you can get 500rwph and 900ft-lbs off a duramax....

if you havent noticed, I am selling my car for a chevy duramax diesel!!! haha

but seriously, knocking on a diesel is stupid...you just add more air (bigger turbo/more boost) and all is well. Massive amount of power for next to nothing and outrageous relibability...ohh ok so your SR20 runs faster in the 1/4 mile or around a road course...well my duramax can tow my race car at 90mph at 20mpg AND make pulls on most anything "regular" out there with a trailer...and then I get to race my 350wph miata and SMOKE your ass at the road course...OK your still cool because you drove the same car there to race...NOT!!! faggot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow slow down baby weiner i will never be persuaded in to liking diesels its as simple as that diesels are just another horrible trend i will still maintain my opinion... but its cool you have a 350hp miata ive always liked miatas...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'll "knock" on them because a lot of them are lifted on huge tires and they do not pay attention when they change lanes. Just like every other truck or SUV driver, they think they own the road and fly across lanes to make there exit without regard for any small car that might be occupying a nearby lane.

I've lost count at the number of times other larger vehicles (other cars even) that have nearly side swiped me, then slammed on there horn like I was the one doing something wrong. My car isn't even lowered, it's stock height.

I've no interest in trucks, diesel or gasoline powered. Not saying I think they are worthless or anything, I've needed to borrow one on occasion to move large furniture, etc. But I don't enjoy driving them or off roading or anything. It's just not "my thing". I prefer small sub-3000lb cars that can turn on a dime and sit low to the ground.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
IBTL, lol. Meh I like diesels, they can haul ass, trucks in general are fun off road, and it is super easy to get more power out of diesels.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'll "knock" on them because a lot of them are lifted on huge tires and they do not pay attention when they change lanes. Just like every other truck or SUV driver, they think they own the road and fly across lanes to make there exit without regard for any small car that might be occupying a nearby lane.

I've lost count at the number of times other larger vehicles (other cars even) that have nearly side swiped me, then slammed on there horn like I was the one doing something wrong. My car isn't even lowered, it's stock height.

That can be said about pretty much anyone on the road. No one always uses proper road etiquitte. Countless times can be counted by random schmucks in their Mercede's or BMW's. Trucks or semi's nearly side swiping people. Or even soccer mom's who have super human driving abilities in those "how the hell did she get that to do that" mini van. The only safe way to be on the road is to be on the defense no matter what type of vehicle is nearby, which I am sure the majority of everyone on here will agree with.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That can be said about pretty much anyone on the road. No one always uses proper road etiquitte. Countless times can be counted by random schmucks in their Mercede's or BMW's. Trucks or semi's nearly side swiping people. Or even soccer mom's who have super human driving abilities in those "how the hell did she get that to do that" mini van. The only safe way to be on the road is to be on the defense no matter what type of vehicle is nearby, which I am sure the majority of everyone on here will agree with.
I guess I am just a little unlucky. I got cut off by an 18-wheeler once, don't want to do that again. Luckily they coned off the far left lane but it was still drivable (just finished) so I cut in there before I was smooshed. Who knows maybe I could have fit underneath :gaylaugh

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
diesel engines FTW, unlimited torque! i would rather have one in a small car than a truck, but, whatever.

on that note....

IBTL

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I understand what your saying, but it does not apply to all trucks. My only problem is when you have people who are on welfare and can barely afford to feed their kids and own a $60,000 diesle 4x4 with absolutely no need of it. A good portion of the town I live in is like that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts