Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 240sx coupe with a digital speedometer and it also projects a second speed onto my windshield... i want to change the cluster to a normal one but i want to keep the projection onto the windshield... is that possible? ohh also im in km/h here in canada and it digital readout only has a 1 for the first digit... i can hit well over 200km/h is there any way to change that so that i can post higher #'s?

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
nope you need the digital cluster for the HUD to work. As for KH/M I think 200km/h is 124mph, the 240 is governed at 115mph which is 185 km/h in other words if your getting near 185 km/h your A. Breaking the law extremly and should burn in hell if your doing this on public roads. B. Your gonna be stopped by the ECU since the limit is set at 115mph or 185 kmh.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had my old 240sx on the track at and i was hitting 200km/h with the needle cluster

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im still trying to find a way to have the readout on the windshield and have a cluster that has the needle speedometer. is there a way that i could splice both harnesses into the back???

·
Registered
263 Posts
cool idea, itd be nice to have the analog speedo, with the HUD feature still. Maybe just leave the part of the digi speedo in the dash thats needed to make the HUD work, i dunno but probably not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i was thinking of just leaving everything back there and just splicing all the wires???

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
really? You dont dig the huge centered tach ? Thats the only reason I want the HUD, lol. Too bad that yours is in KM. Do you have the FSM? I know there are very detailed wiring diargrams in there that you would be able to compare to each other to the see the difference, I think it is just in the wiring though, and would be splicable. Just a thought

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im goin to give it a shot when i have the money... i just want to keep the read out on the windshield.... hahah actually i would kind of like to have just the windshield read out because people are always telling me to slow down and they cant read the speed on the windshield because you have to be in the drivers seat to see it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts