Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these from an overseas vendor. They are the 180sx (Type X) rear valances, which Im sure most of you know.

My problem is, I put them on one of my 240's just to see what they look like and for some reason, they look nothing at all what I imagined in person.

On the body they fit perfectly, but then when it extends to the bumper, thats where it looks like its for a different car.

Now I know the mid piece is missing, I dont want that. I just need some opinions if this looks right or not. Maybe theres a different style bumper that matches with these?

You be the judge

This is what I wanted, but I dont think they look like that :12dunno

Thanx

·
Registered
589 Posts
might be for s14?? maybe. i think the s13 coupe & s14 rear valence look the same so maybe thats it

and anyways those are not the 180sx kouki rear valence or type x as you may call it. the little lip or whatever that extends past the rear quarter panel is beefier not flat like so in your pics...so yea basically you got the wrong part.

·
Registered
589 Posts
most kouki rear valences i've seen in pics and in person (while in China) usually doesnt meet up with rear bumper line on the side. well that is when its mounted on a car that isn't kouki...i don't know if that makes sense to you or not. i'll clarify later

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wickedik said:
those are for the s13 coupe not the fastback....
Wow, I even told him I needed them for fastback, lol, figures. :smacked49

Thanx for the help guys
DJ

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sr240dett3 said:
If they fit on a coupe, ill buy them off of you.

how much did you pay ?
LOL, you dont want to know how much I paid for them. I just know thats what I wanted/want for my car, so I was willing to pay whatever it takes.

But its all good, he's being really good guy and is gonna let me swap them out for the right ones.

Thanx as always guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, they were fitted on a coupe and they def fit. GTP420 was kind enough to take them to a shop and fit them for me.

Atleast like I said before, the guy is gonna let me swap. The only thing that sucks, is Im gonna have to eat shipping charges back and forth to Hong Kong, BLAHHH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts