Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys im looking to get a double din for the 240 and the truck... now i never played with any of these so i need to ask some questions... whats the best bang for the buck... i really didnt want to spend more than 400 (i know thats cheep) i want something with decent video but it doesnt have to be HDTV. I have a system hooked up so i need something with good sound quality.... and now for the big one.... i need one that i am able to remove the E brake safty switch... i know pioneers are putting a device in there new ones that make it so if the player sences enough vibration it will shut the screen off because it thinks the cars in motion...

lets here your opinions....

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
1. You dont remove the e-Brake sfatey switch you ground or trick the sensor/signal w/ either grounding it or buying a interface box

2. Truthfully you dont need to worry about that because 400 isn't gonna get you any where near those H/U's your talking about

The best thing I could come up with for you is this

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD CD Players,MP3 CD Players,DVD Players,In-dash Video

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Personal Exp.? Not trying to bash you or the product but my per exp. with all Panasonic products suck...

·
Registered
70 Posts
well for cheap you could get one off of ebay that has built in gps for around 300 shipped
and with the gps you can hack it to use tom tom or other gps softwares since it runs on window ce

·
Registered
69 Posts
I JUST ordered mine last week, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD (successor to the P4000 suggested above). I've read nothing but great reviews about it. People seem to just dislike the background images that it comes with, but you're able to upload your own.

I got it on Amazon for only about $400 shipped (free shipping, no tax). Best bang for the buck right now. Youtube it for some videos of it in action.

Some features which sold me:
Full 7" Touch Screen
Fully Ipod compatible (ipod video playback w/ipod cable, charges ipod)
Aux Inputs
Expandable to have both Bluetooth and Nav
USB input
Customizable appearance, button colors, background, etc.
Affordability
Brand new; just came out about a month or two ago

I'm coming from an Alpine IVA-W200 that cost me about $1000 a few years back, and the Pioneer seems to be more stereo for more than half the price. Hopefully sound quality will be good like everyone says. Soon as I get it up and running I'll write about it.

Alpine IVA-W200 (not my car)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I forgot to add, does anyone know of any good Double Din radio kits for the S14? The Metra kits are the only one that seems to be coming up, but people seem to dislike it.

Anyone have any pictures of their double din head units installed? Please provide din kit info, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
First off Panasonic sucks so bad they went out of buisness on the car audio side this year!! Next on the new Pioneer double dins when wiring it up you'll have an empty slot on the harness of the radio, you'll also have a black and yellow mute wire in the harness. Pull the black and yellow wire out and put it in the slot that didn't have a wire then ground it.Pioneer did this so us installers could bypass the saftey feature wich our government requires. Hope this helps all you Pioneer lovers!

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
those are sweet but i dont realy want to spend that much

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
went to buy this off amazon.com last night and it says it cant ship to my address? i typed everything in right. i wonder if they cant ship it to canada? super annoying because i cant find it for that cheap of any other sites. anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
well for cheap you could get one off of ebay that has built in gps for around 300 shipped
and with the gps you can hack it to use tom tom or other gps softwares since it runs on window ce
ive never bought anything off ebay in my life. always been to scared to haha. if i cant get this one through amazon i may just give ebay a chance though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts