Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my steering wheel squeeks, well the hub does and im lazy. but I had been thinking of getting an aftermarket wheel and hub since I put in the new SE-R seats I sit differently and i need to bring the steering wheel closer to me and being 6'5" some leg clearance issues have always been around and i know the stock steering wheel is 14 inches and most aftermarket ones on ebay i've seen are anywhere from like 12.5-14.5 on average.

i like the ones that come out a bit more from the center of the wheel where it bolts to the hub.

so basically: what ebay hub and wheel can you guys recomend, I don't want anything flimsy and that can bend and so forth, I dont have the money for momo or sparco etc, anyone got any experience? i searched but didnt come up with a clear answer.

i dont have my heart set on a hub yet but these are the wheels i was lookin into so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...033103734QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
(except the picture looks funky so I'm unsure on it)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISS...033013272QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
^^ looks nice but no diameter dimensions.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIV...033070915QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
^^ kinda bland but still nice

and.... DISCUSS! heh

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have been looking at getting the second link...i am in the same boat as you. i am 6'4" and need something to come out a little but dont want to pay a million bucks...if you get one of the wheels let me know

G

·
don't waste yoru money on offbrand steering wheels... i've read several accounts of people accidentally bending them with their bare hands. not the best made equipment...

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
STARBUCKS said:

ha... ha..

very funny..

(that was sarcasm)

its called broke college kid whos knees rub on the steering wheel.

id love to have an authentic but im not made of money.

ps; where the heck have you been? long time no see. wb.

Revolution240sx said:
don't waste yoru money on offbrand steering wheels... i've read several accounts of people accidentally bending them with their bare hands. not the best made equipment...
yeah i've heard of that too so im kinda skeptical.

i dont have 150 dollars for a momo/sparco hub even non quick release, and i dont have another 150 for a real steering wheel and with my seat level the way it is.

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wussmonster said:
i've got a quick release hub for sale. fits any momo or sparco 6 bolt pattern.

PM me for details.

your PM box is full so here is the message:

pics, specs, what pattern, price? gimmie the 411

how big is the hub? in inches how much will it bring the wheel outward and it was a quick release too?

id rather give money to another member rather than some ebay company.

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sr240dett3 said:
dont be cheap. get a nardi with a nice hub. or release.

momo/sparco are nice too.
once again, i would if I could, but i can;t and i need some leg clearance im not doing this for daily driving issues and the fact my stock hub is squeeking when i turn the wheel, I know I can probably just fix it, but these things are just cheap, its hard to pass up almost.

id rather spend 400 dollars on new tires

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Fidelity101 said:
once again, i would if I could, but i can;t and i need some leg clearance im not doing this for daily driving issues and the fact my stock hub is squeeking when i turn the wheel, I know I can probably just fix it, but these things are just cheap, its hard to pass up almost.

id rather spend 400 dollars on new tires
hmmm.. try a grant, go to pep boys.. they have a nice one there..

my buddy lucked out.. they miss taged a 130.00 wheel for 30.00
its a great wheel too. and he got a hub for 20.00 more.. 50.00 total

but 150.00 still isnt bad

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sr240dett3 said:
hmmm.. try a grant, go to pep boys.. they have a nice one there..

my buddy lucked out.. they miss taged a 130.00 wheel for 30.00
its a great wheel too. and he got a hub for 20.00 more.. 50.00 total

but 150.00 still isnt bad

I saw a grant wheel, one didn't look all that bad.

·
Registered
393 Posts
did noone notice that the bottom 2 are the same wheel? just one sais nismo, and one sais nothing in the middle?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
i had the same problem with squeaking steering, i changed the front tie rods and sprayed some wd-40 in the wheel hub and bam it went away

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.