Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing a turbo setup for my 93 KA24DE but dont really have the money for a pricey turbo kit. I have researched and found Ebay to have a few turbo kits beteween 700-900 dollars intercooled. Does anyone know the quality of these kits and if they are really worth the money. Any info would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
232 Posts
a friend of mine was running an ebay kit the one thats lie 800or something. is was good until he blew his motor put down 260 rwhp and it blew because of tuning i think. there is a guy on ka-t.org i believe that is putting down like 380 or so. i gues its on you and just make sure its tuned properly.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think everything should be OK except the quality of the turbo. If you buy the kit, sell the turbo and get a better one. Go with a brand name for a turbo.
Not sure what the turbo kit includes, but i doubt it will include an FMU, or safc. fuel pump, IC piping, gauges, wideband (If you want to tune yourself)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
its good, just not for crazy high boost. keep it simple and it should be nice. also, with those manifolds, run a flex tube from the down pipe to the exhaust that the welds don't crack...well easier. also like someone stated above, sell the turbo, have heard some bad things about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i also heard that those ebay kits have like bad quality manifolds...is that true...i heard that they have really weak walls/made with weak metal...

bump

·
Registered
268 Posts
Everyone heard from a brother's friend's cousin's illegitamte stepchild that a turbo might have cracked in half. Well i have one of their manifolds and it seems to be just fine with the welds and everything. They are made out of stainless steel and seem to be tig welded. Depending on what all you get in the kit, it could be worth it to you. Just check the feedback and ask about specific parts from people. Hope it goes well for you though.

G

·
it's very simple. if you don't have the money for quality, tested equipment, then don't spend ANY FUCKING MONEY.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Revolution240sx said:
it's very simple. if you don't have the money for quality, tested equipment, then don't spend ANY FUCKING MONEY.
or you can spend your money on parts that are more important. i.e. fuel management, fuel control, internals, etc. if your motor blows to some shitty parts on those areas then your motor is gone. but if a weld breaks on a manifold then just get it redone, and later when you have better funds get a better manifold.

btw i have that manifold and the two things i am going to do is 1) get the welds reinforced and 2) use a flex pipe. should help but all manifolds have the ability to crack.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
ASIA said:
do it right the first time, or you'll end up spending more money than you originally planned.

by that you mean....

personally spend more time on 3 things.
1) good internals
2) a place that can rebuild the engine really really good. alot of guys spend alot of time on their cars and when it comes to the rebuild the cheap out and the people that built the engine blows.
3) fuel system, another one of those problem areas. since the KA is not turbo'd from the factory, you have to basically invent a fuel system to handle it. don't skimp.

manifolds and turbos are an area that you can go to ebay and get a t25-28 for cheap. there is no reason to try to make 500rwhp for your first turbo setup.

·
Registered
281 Posts
just like anything else on ebay it can be a hit or miss. I've gotten great products, and I've gotten products that break on day one. My suggestion is research hard before bidding, even post the link here and I'm sure anyone here would be give you a "yes" or "no". MY suggestion... takecare of the cooling, fuel managment and ECU before going turbo. It will help you ahead of time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts