Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my header installed on my '91 SE I realized the metal EGR tube was cut! A section about 3" long is missing. A piece of high temp ruber tube was filling the gap with the exhaust manifold in place. Now with the Hot Shot header the gap is slightly larger and the hose won't fit. I can't find replacement hose anywhere and I can't imaging what my local Nissan dealership will want for the replacement tube (they wanted $250 for the black chin spoiler, and $400 for a new master cylinder with installation!!!) Anyone have any ideas as to where I could get the tube cheap or at least some more high-temp hose?

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you want the tube, I have a spare I can sell you. Do you need an S13 or S14 one? (I have an S14 one and 2 S13 ones).

I was hoping to get $25+shipping for the tube and the EGR stuff that bolts onto the intake manifold.

Dennis

·
Registered
88 Posts
what is the EGR valve, and is this problem on all of the HotShot headers? or is it only on the S13 or both S13 and S14? thanks alot in advance!

·
Registered
373 Posts
This isn't a header problem...it sounds like this guy's EGR tube was just hacked before he got the car for some unknown reason.

EGR=Exhaust gas recirculation...runs exhaust gases into the intake manifold. Emissions device.

Dennis

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found a wholesale nissan parts dealer and bought a new tube from them (Nissan-Parts-Dealer.com) for $28. They've got great prices on everything...much better than my local dealer (they wanted $52).

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want the tube, I have a spare I can sell you. Do you need an S13 or S14 one? (I have an S14 one and 2 S13 ones).

I was hoping to get $25+shipping for the tube and the EGR stuff that bolts onto the intake manifold.

Dennis
Do you still have an s-13 egr tube for sale?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts