Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found me a 1990 240sx for sale. It starts but dies when shifting from park to Neutral to first. Engine sounds rough but it will idle. The owner says it is "lacking power and is bogged down"? Think I should take it? Is it possible to get this car going again with limited cash flow?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Its very possible to get it going cheap... It could be something as stupid as a vacuum leak.

Plugged fuel filter

Dirty IAV

Download and FSM for the 91-93 S13 and look at the troubleshooting problems in teh auto transmission section... I'll bet that problem is covered...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say its the auto trans ....I had one do almost the same thing...It help I was drifting it with the parking brake and doing high speed reverse 180 s...Iv got a 5 speed swap if you can find one ....its ease to put in ,,plus then you will have NO speed limiter....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say its the auto trans ....I had one do almost the same thing...It didnt help I was drifting it with the parking brake and doing high speed reverse 180 s...Iv got a 5 speed swap if you cant find one ....its ease to put in ,,plus then you will have NO speed limiter....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts