Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am looking to rebuild a KA24DE to make 400whp turbo. Not sure which size pistons to get, CP Carrillo (89.5mm +0.020 at 8.5:1 or 89.0mm at 9.0:1) what are some thoughts? also thinking about running E85. Not sure on valves and springs, I need to do more research
Does anyone know of a dealership type computer program for ECU scanning, tuning, and data logging?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like you might want to contact a performance engine builder directly. 400 hp isn't unheard of, but its going to need a LOT of money and knowledge. A shop may cost a lot more money than doing it yourself, but one small mistake by doing it yourself and you're going to be out a lot of $$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you might want to contact a performance engine builder directly. 400 hp isn't unheard of, but its going to need a LOT of money and knowledge. A shop may cost a lot more money than doing it yourself, but one small mistake by doing it yourself and you're going to be out a lot of $$$
I get what you are saying, I’m currently in the middle of a 650whp VW/Audi 2.5l 5c turbo build with 6spd MT all wheel drive conversion for my daily. My buddy is communicating with his rep at CP Carrillo, I have the full maintenance, component, and build manual direct from Nissan for the 240sx S14. There are quite a few options out there and I could use a little input as to what might be the best option, ie. pros vs cons on what other people have tried and maybe some input on computer programs the dealership might use for diagnostics and maybe tuning. Similar to ROSSTech aka VagCom as well as some thoughts on running E85 instead of 91, because the 91 is CA is crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts