Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be looking to buy a 240 from a junk yard at some point this year depending on what I can find locally. But I wondered how big of a rip off would buying one from a salvage yard be? All I've ever done was visit a few pull-a-part junk yards for misc parts, never bought anything like an entire car. This will be for dirt track racing in the 4-cylinder class. One place did tell me they would give me a running 4-cyl car for $300. Of course that doesnt mean it goes for any car. The only thing they had at the time was a 96 z24 but I want a 240 because its RWD. So if anyone has bought a 240 DOHC S13 or S14 from a salvage yard I'd like to know how much you paid and if it was auto or a 5-speed. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the place I get parts from offers up any car in the yard for 700 dollars.
Thats really nice of them seeing as they paid $40 for the cars when they arrive on the tow truck. lol

I looked at those two links, I didnt see anything near me but I will just keep checking back to see if anything comes up over the spring and summer. Thanks for the replies so far gents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just buy an auction one

www.iaai.com

www.copart.com

they are usually around that price, I got my s14 3 years ago with some easy front end damage for $1600
You can also try this auction website-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts