Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went cheapo and bought the SSautchrome turbo-back exhaust kit. It is ok at best, the hangers didnt match up besides the rubber ones behind the differential. Im on coilovers and that damn resonater is about 2 inches from the ground, literally. If i go over a rough spot in the dirt or even pavement, it will drag. It isn't a little drag either, it like the entire thing is scraping...

My question is, is this dragging/scraping going to pull hard enough to damage my turbo/manifold studs? I don't care about the exhaust, its a total piece besides the dp.

Also I'd like to add, for those who are naive like I was, don't buy from them...They NEVER responded to my emails (5 of them), and though the pipes all fit and connect together, it took copious amounts of rtv liquid gasket to fix the leaks at EVERY conection. Especially if you're lowered, I had to raise the rear a half inch just to get down my parents' dirt road.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
well it might eventually... thats what i found out.
i bottomed out a while ago and aparently that started the downfall of my t25.
lets just say when i finally got my gt28 and started taking my t25 off it was only being held on by 1 bolt and if that was to come out my turbo would have fallen down and dissapeared into the night. so moral of the story it if weird noises appear, check them out

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
before i hooked up my tranny mount on the downpipe, the movement from the downpipe eventually made the turbo loosen itself from the manifold. Also found a broken stud in the manifold too.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There are numerous negative consumer reports about SSautochrome. Just about every other report I see is about them and their products and or
(lack-of) services. I'd dump those and get something else, ASAP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i honestly cant see one logical reason as to how this would damage a turbo. if worse comes to worse it would just snap in the first easiest place i/e being probly a shitty weld on the piping or an old 02 housing bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts