Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make about 200 rwhp out of my stock redtop sr20 for now. How bad of an idea is it to turn the boost up to 12 lbs? I'm running a stock SR20det/ecu/maf/injectors. I have a walbro 255 fuel pump, a FMIC, and a tial 50mm bov (i was forced into the FMIC and bov because the intercooler kit came with the motor). I'm thinking i'd probably lose power and time from the FMIC over the stock side mount due to running too rich between shifts due to keeping pressure at stock. (is this true? or am i actually getting something out of my FMIC?) Would i need to do anything as far as the ECU or injectors go to run 12 lbs reliably? I'm keeping this car as my DD.

I'll keep looking around for research, any input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I got exactly 200.6 whp on my stock SR, stock boost, stock turbo, stock MAFS. Here's how:
- FMIC w/BOV
- Electric fans
- Lightweight Flywheel/clutch (9lb flywheel, 6-puck lightweight clutch)
- 3" turbo-back exhaust
- SAFC Neo with a LITTLE bit of A/F tuning on only 4 dyno pulls.

Thats the entirety of my engine mod list! You too can make 200whp easily!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have dual electric radiator fans, but the whole idea of a SAFC is kind of a turn off :\. I really don't want to play with something like that. I'll have to look into a clutch/flywheel. any suggestions on those?
I'll be having a custom exhaust made for me. After hours of searching i've decided to go for 3" turbo back with a high flow cat.

Another thing is that I won't be running A/C.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the stock turbo can run 15 pounds and the stock block is ok but your close to the line at 20 pounds so your safe i used to run 13 and some times 15 on cold days. so go for it run 12 its so much more fun lol but for real you well be safe

·
Registered
106 Posts
turn up the boost!its good stuff

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
To get 200rwhp I had to do:
3" turbo back exhaust
12psi using manual boost controller
Front mount intercooler (was getting terrible heat soak with the factory SMIC)

This was on a dyno dynamics dyno (reads lower than a dynojet)

With 15psi, bigger front mount, stainless exhaust manifold, N1 style exhaust and retuned ecu I got to 220 rwhp on the same dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts