Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now many of us have had the infamous clunk in the rear problem. My time has come to fix it. Usually i find the inexpensive way out...like spacers, but this time im pissed.

i bought spacers about 3 months ago, installed em, and they worked for about two weeks, but the clunk returned (wtf). so basically my bushings are GONE. I want to rent a press, get down and dirty and replace all the differential mount and subframe bushings.
heres my question:

I found the energy suspension master bushing poly kit for about 135. Problem is it only says that it includes some sway arm and control and stuff...blah blah blah, but nothing about the subframe or differential. On a previous thread i read it is supposed to have everything, but no one confirmed it. I need to know for a fact it has those subframe and diff bushings, otherwise ill just buy the nismo replacements.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
hahah, i had the same problem and went through the same process.
zero clunk, installed spacers, two weeks later, clunk came back. i thought it was a loose suspension link. but realized it was a broken subframe bushings. Now i need to drop the whole subframe and replace each bushings.

Solution:
Get the ES subframe bushings from a 300zx z32 (these are same as s14). there's no need to buy a 240sx kit from ES, unless you're going to use all the bushings. The z32 subframe bushings are like 60 bucks. These bushings dont need to be pressed in, they come in 3 pieces which replace your stock bushings. I would like to drop and strip my subframe and get them pressed out, but that would take alot of time and work. What i'll do is drop the subframe as far from the car, and Sawsall the oem bushings and torche them out. clean it and pop in the ES bushings and put everything back. I just need to find the time and day.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm ill look into it nrg, but are u saying that u still need to remove the bushings from the subframe to use this es z32 kit, or are u saying that after installing it, you still want to remove the old bushings and replace them? In other words is this an actual replacement or just a better spacer? btw thanks for the replies.

and where can i get this for 60 bux....
ebay is 105 and lowest ive seen is 90 everywhere else. please do tell :eek3dance

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just ordered mine from suspension.com or whatever and they should be here wednesday.

how long do you guys think it will take to put them in. ive got tons of hand and air tools so tools arent a problem.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
SyDeWaYz said:
now many of us have had the infamous clunk in the rear problem. My time has come to fix it. Usually i find the inexpensive way out...like spacers, but this time im pissed.

i bought spacers about 3 months ago, installed em, and they worked for about two weeks, but the clunk returned (wtf). so basically my bushings are GONE. I want to rent a press, get down and dirty and replace all the differential mount and subframe bushings.
heres my question:

I found the energy suspension master bushing poly kit for about 135. Problem is it only says that it includes some sway arm and control and stuff...blah blah blah, but nothing about the subframe or differential. On a previous thread i read it is supposed to have everything, but no one confirmed it. I need to know for a fact it has those subframe and diff bushings, otherwise ill just buy the nismo replacements.

thanks guys
if your going to drop the whole subframe which youd have to do to completely replce the subframe bushings id just recomend spl bushings all around.
energy suspesion may have subframe but it does not have diff bushings.
id just get the spl solid subframe bushings, not the spacers, but the bushings, and also spl's solid diff bushings. eliminate the chance of blowing the bushings again and a much firmer rear if you dont mind a little harsher ride and more noise.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why stick with poly? I bought the spl bushings and got them in there on my s13 fastback. Best part I've bought so far. The rear end stays planted to the body now. It used to move around when I'd take off from a stop sign.

Only downfall, very slight noise increase. But that's not really a downfall, because it's hardly noticeable. And I'm sure it would be even less in a s14 because of the rear seat

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you might say that now, but on the highway i already cant stand how loud my car gets...stock. i have to turn up my radio... with those solids id probably take an axe to the whole rear of the car. as soon as i get them ill be posting pics.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
i daily drive mine
rear end has
ats deft force 2 way
spl sub frame spacers
spl solid diff bushings
tanabe ruca
kazama toe arms and tracion rods
silk roads on full stiff on the rear

pretty stiff but its good for you.

no rear sway bar!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got em!

sdtouge said:
i daily drive mine
rear end has
ats deft force 2 way
spl sub frame spacers
spl solid diff bushings
tanabe ruca
kazama toe arms and tracion rods
silk roads on full stiff on the rear

pretty stiff but its good for you.

no rear sway bar!
lol. thanks for the advice man. but i already got the polys. they arrived yesterday. im going to be doing the job starting today. pics and shit soon guys. :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 33 Posts