Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Forza motorsport > GT4: Dare I say it?

4K views 48 replies 17 participants last post by  gabe30 
#1 ·
serriously. its friggen sweet, especially for those who dont have a PS2

now to break it down.

GT4 is more exaderatated realism while forza is more mathmathical.
Forza has less cars, but GT4 has sooo many more cars you dont' want to drive (ie the model T) and can't sell.
forza has realistic damage, IE: body suspension and so forth, so if you slam into a wall pretty hard, your alignment will be fucked up and damage is taking out of earnings at the end of the race

Forza more upgradeble options for cars, more stuff to put on and the higher end stuff is fully confirgurable

Forza has rice gear too, you can throw on wings and body kits and change the color of your car/hood/spoiler/mirrors. but the wings and body kits actually alter your car's driving capibilites, like braking handling and top speed due to the downforce from it.

GT4 may be a little larger but I've been playing quite alot recently and am only finished with 14% of career and I have 0% of arcade done.

one last thing, besides the graphics are nicer.

ENGINE SWAPS!
RB25, s15 SR20 and RB26 available for the 240sx. (no ca18 :( )

you can do engine swaps in this game, totallllly sweet and k-rad.

one downer is though, no 180sx :(

its s14 zenki, silvia s14 zenki and s15 spec R

See less See more
#2 ·
the question is...the engine swaps...can you mod the engine after its swaped? auto modelista was like that but you couldnt mod the engine after the swap. hmm idk about this game. i dont like the xbox controller for racing games...

#3 ·
i think you can mod the engines after you swap them, but thats not why i posted. i got both games(gt and forza) i like them both, but i like forza more because drifting is more fun in the game when you get damage and it has downhill touge racing levels :1bowdown and the online play is good too. i would recomend this game to anyone who has an xbox and likes racing(which i assume is everyone on the forums). my fav car right now is the velside supra with 1000hp :thumbsup .

#4 ·
oh did I forget to mention the small details, I just saw my vette's rear brakes glow red when i was dsitting doing donuts heh

oh god though my rx-7 turbo has like 600hp and that downhill togue RX-7 vs supra serries, that was scary.

my only beef is there isnt enough BMWs, just the S class ones :(

I wanted to go super euro with 5 and 8 and m3 serries, so I had chosen europe as my home country but like 90% of my garage is japanese cars heh.

i got some sweet saved replays of my R32 and s15 and rx-7 drifitng around turns.

and yes you can mod any engine you swap in.

my trueno has an MR2 engine in it doing like 500 something hp heh. it dont go no where! lol.

#7 ·
No Friggn' Way

I have had GT4 from the day it came out and I have to say it was the most fun game I had ever got into, wow engine swaps, but seriously you will do like 2 or 3 swaps and it will take like 23 seconds then the swaps become boring, GT4 has never been boring, I am at 86% and am working on the driving missions and everything is new, Forza = Copycat (A bad one at that!)

#9 ·
fidelity, if you got a system link cable for xbox, go get xlink kai and we can downhill touge online :thumbsup. and as for forza being a copycat i dont think it is because it has online :happyfing

#10 ·
I got this game the other day. My friend gave me his xbox cause he didnt want it no more. After playing this game back to back with gt4 i perfer gt4 more. Maybe because i just mastered the drift in GT4 ( no more wild oversteers ). Btw i was doing a brake burn out in my vette aswell and the Brake Rotors were glowing, But i was playing GT3. I still think GT3 is the best drift game.

#11 ·
Yeah gt3 is great...I still prefer drifting in that game to drifitng in gt4, probably because im not rediculous in gt4 like i was in gt3, i dont think it is possible to do in gt4 a lot of the shit i used to do in 3, drift wise anyway...but doing a nice smooth lap in gt4 (drifting) is more rewarding because its harder for me)

#13 · (Edited)
Silvia S13 said:
fidelity, if you got a system link cable for xbox, go get xlink kai and we can downhill touge online :thumbsup. and as for forza being a copycat i dont think it is because it has online :happyfing

If your trying to say can my box get internet? then yes.

but I can't go on XBOX live cause of my mod chip.

still can use gamespy tunnel.

and got a link?

edit: got it workin.

#15 ·
i just got it...reminds me of initial d...i wont have my internet back up till next week probly...whats ur live name? mine is XxCassiuSxX add me and leave a msg or something.

#18 ·
this game seems tight, i was just wondering how you guys who drift in gt4 set up your cars. Everytime i do it, i get crazy mad oversteer or some wicked whipback. Anyways gt3 is the best drift game in the states. i hope to get forza tonite now that i have read your reviews.

#19 ·
i recorded a small video with my brothers phone of me "drifting" in the game, but the vid is to big for me to send to my email so i need to buy the laptop cable to transfer the video like that. as for playing online you guys should get xlink kai isntead of using xbox live, its not the same as xbox live were it has all the games, but it has a good selection of games to play online and its free. all you need is your xbox, a system link cable, and your computer internet. :thumbsup

#21 ·
hrmm i cant send the video to my email because it says the video is too large(by 300kb :crazyrant). anyways ill make a new video of the drifting, it was mapple full track from begining to end. Ill just get the first 2 turns or something els, i would get the downhill but my cars "are too wild" to take the downhills lol.

#24 ·
hosting the video is no problem for me, its that i cant send the video to my email from the phone because it says its 300kb too big. i havnt had time to make a new video since i wasnt home for the weekend and just got back a few hours ago ill try later when i get my xbox back from my freind. :tears

#26 ·
hehe thats not the problem either :rolleyes: its the phone it wont let me send the video off the phone to my email because its "too big a file by 300kb" to send to any email :smacked49 . :rotflmao heh i got gmail too ill just make a shorter video of the game to send, I might make it right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.